PDA

View Full Version : Question about selling an OLL

jayhuh
06-27-2012, 5:47 PM
I searched but haven't found an answer. I bought Noveske lower, BB and lower parts kit a couple years ago. I put it together, recently added an upper and put 100 rounds through it. The BB is really a PITA and since I have a Mini-14, I'm lookiing at that to take the long gun role of home defense. Consequently, I really don't see the need for the the AR. Can I PPT the assembled lower ? Do long gun (rifle/shotgun) PTT's count towards the 6 PTT's that the Penal Code says that an unlicensed person can do in one year? Just wondering. Thanks in advance.

Also, if it looks like the law might change regarding BB's, can I transfer the whole thing to a relative / friend, via an FFL, in another state ?

Josh3239
06-27-2012, 6:44 PM
You can ppt guns, that includes lowers. Yes it does, that law it put in place to make sure you aren't dealing any guns without a license. If you want to send it to a friend or relative in another state you don't have to have an FFL send it (they'll over charge you), you can send it yourself, but it must go to a ffl dealer.

thenut2000
06-27-2012, 6:46 PM
The lower needs to have the BB installed to transfer. No idea on your second question.

CSACANNONEER
06-27-2012, 6:58 PM
The lower needs to have the BB installed to transfer. No idea on your second question.

No it doesn't. It could be made featureless. Then again, a lower, without an upper attached is not a "semi auto" anything. Therefore, it can't be an AW in Ca. So, a lower without an upper attached doesn't need a mag lock of any kind to own or transfer. However, some FFLs may require one as "store policy".

thenut2000
06-27-2012, 7:15 PM
I should have elaborated, an assembled lower needs to have a BB installed. Jayhuh asked about tranfering an assembled lower.

Josh3239
06-27-2012, 7:26 PM
Your still wrong. An assembled lower is still neither centerfire, no semi-automatic therefore cannot be an AW. If a store has that policy it is a store policy. Legally you are still wrong.

tuna quesadilla
06-27-2012, 7:30 PM
Your still wrong. An assembled lower is still neither centerfire, no semi-automatic therefore cannot be an AW. If a store has that policy it is a store policy. Legally you are still wrong.

+1, this is correct. An assembled lower does not need a bullet button unless a semi-auto, centerfire upper is attached and the resulting rifle has "evil" feature(s).

thenut2000
06-27-2012, 7:45 PM
Ok, I see what you guys are saying. My apoligies.