PDA

View Full Version : ak

crazychinaman
06-27-2012, 2:37 PM
how hard is it to remove ak trigger parts to swap with us parts.?Are the pins reusable.?

Chaos47
06-27-2012, 2:43 PM
Pretty easy. Yes pins are reusable.

CSACANNONEER
06-27-2012, 2:47 PM
I do suggest investing in a Redstar retaining plate if you're going to be R&Ring the FCG. It's really the best $5 AK related investment that you'll ever make.

There are a couple tricks to installing FCGs. The first time, figure on it taking 15 minutes. By the 3rd or 4th time, it should only take you 2 minutes to start with functioning rifle, swap out the FCG, reassemble and end with a functioning rifle again.

jpm804
06-27-2012, 5:58 PM
I do suggest investing in a Redstar retaining plate if you're going to be R&Ring the FCG. It's really the best $5 AK related investment that you'll ever make.

There are a couple tricks to installing FCGs. The first time, figure on it taking 15 minutes. By the 3rd or 4th time, it should only take you 2 minutes to start with functioning rifle, swap out the FCG, reassemble and end with a functioning rifle again.

^^ this, the redstar retainier is a must I think now... I had to replace one on my CAI rifle since the one they used did not secure the trigger pin which I thought was odd....

I now plan to change all my AK's with the retainer..