PDA

View Full Version : OC hunting

GearsCOG5
06-27-2012, 11:01 AM
Hello, is it too late to get a standard deer tag??? Im new to hunting around here & im trying to read up on dfg site but there sre alot of little nuences (sp) that its hard to find answers for. Also are there decent spots to hunt in OC or is it better to travel?? Thanks in advance

TROYSD
06-27-2012, 11:07 AM
u can still buy an a zone tag, and possible a b zone. i assume oc is orange co. im in mendo county so i dont know whats down there. just go to walmart or kmart, they can sell you a license and tell u what tags are aval.

DirtyDave
06-27-2012, 11:09 AM
You can get a D15, D13, or D11 tag over the counter. Any one of these tags can be used in any of these 3 zones. Get some national forrest maps and start checking it out.

GearsCOG5
06-27-2012, 11:21 AM
Ya i was looking at D15 last night which is basically all of orange county. My dad & i still have to do the saftey course & get our license for the year. Im also curious if the bucks are average size or if there are better areas to get decent size ones

Rule .308
06-27-2012, 3:52 PM
Hunted Saddle Back pretty hard, never saw a single buck. I have run a trail cam up there for months at a time is some pretty good locations and have seem numerous does, gray fox, and bob cat, but never a buck. So, if you get one please come back and let us know. :D