View Full Version : New holster in town

Bill I Am
06-27-2012, 7:40 AM

There is a story behind this picture.

This is my newest holster for me. But it took me a few times to just get started! You see, the first time that I wanted to redo my holster, I took the old one and started to look at what I wanted to do on the new one. As I did, I could not help but think, “gee, this is a nice holster”, and I put it back in the safe.

The second time, the same thing happened! I was looking at what I wanted to do and well....just loved what I had already done and put it back in the safe.

This time though, I was determined! I have been asked about my holsters and about making them for others and I wanted to make something that would display some options. I wanted to have the monogram as well as I wanted to make a larger piece that would wrap around the front. I also put in more backgrounding as that is what people tend to expect when they run their hands over the tooled leather. Plus I wanted to do some “lifting”. This is where you lift parts of a flower petal or a section of a leaf. It doesn't affect the operation of the holster and it gives it a great 3-d sort of look.

So, this is what I came up with.

One of the problems that I get with this is that I had this huge desire to go the range and get some practice time in but....particularly with the lacing, my hands get wrecked! Hard to work on trigger control when you have a hard time just holding the gun!

But, there's more. There's the sadness. Shakespeare said, "Things won are done; joy's soul lies in the doing." THAT is SO true when it comes to the tooling of a leather piece. I mean...yea, I get to look at it and use it but playtime is over. I will never again, on this piece, be able to bash a tool on it or use my knife on it. It's done and there is a sadness with that, like a friend that you can no longer play with.

Hey...I'll get over it!

Want a holster like this? I DO trade! Leave me a pm and we'll see what we can do.

06-27-2012, 5:46 PM
thanks for sharing, and good luck with your holster making endeavors.

06-27-2012, 8:57 PM

06-28-2012, 5:55 AM
That's very nice!

Bill I Am
06-28-2012, 1:18 PM
That's very nice!

Thank you all..now if I could just turn this into a lever action .22...........