View Full Version : AR-15 5.56 question

06-26-2012, 7:52 PM
I was wondering if the smith&wesson sporter AR15 would be a good purchase then later Im getting a good deal on a 50 beowulf upper complete. I wondering is that will the frame of the sporter will hold up to the 50 beowulf? or should I go with a different kind? Suggestions would be very help full in making my choice. Thank you ^^

Mossy Man
06-26-2012, 7:57 PM
do you like the rollmark?

06-26-2012, 8:11 PM
The lower receivers are all made the same, a couple of very minor variances. Lowers take almost zero stress. Your worrying about nothing.

Mossy Man
06-26-2012, 8:17 PM
the biggest issue would be

do you like the roll mark?

do you like the forged rounded trigger guard?

06-26-2012, 8:30 PM
o.o Oh, thought the sporter was made a little lighter perhaps and could thus not take as much stress. Ah well, guess I was wrong haha. Also, the round tigger guard? Its okay I suppose. Just looking for a nice sturdy AR lower which I know will stand the test of times sort of speak

Mossy Man
06-26-2012, 8:34 PM
most people switch it out for the angled magpul one anyway

so if you look at it this way it's already set up that way and it's less likely to fail

06-26-2012, 8:37 PM
If anything the smith sporter lower may be more rugged than others. It has the forged integral trigger guard and may be more rigid than others... I have a sport and it is great! It is nice to be able to shoot steel case ammo if you like, as more expensive ARs I have had we're not so reliable shooting steel like the smith does. .50 Beowulf huh? Have fun!

06-26-2012, 8:44 PM
Hm, sweet stuff then! thank you for all your help then! :D Answered some needed questions