taperxz
06-26-2012, 7:43 PM
Did not pass.

VaderSpade
06-26-2012, 7:49 PM
Need more info? As in dead forever :)?

taperxz
06-26-2012, 7:55 PM
Assembly man Mike Gatto was the final swing vote. He abstained and the bill died :D

VaderSpade
06-26-2012, 7:58 PM
Sweet

Yotehnter
06-26-2012, 8:05 PM
That was real close.

bigboarstopper
06-26-2012, 8:16 PM
The bill is not dead. They have until july 6th to come up with a "yes" vote. If they can persuade an assemblymen to change their vote or change their abstain or no vote then we will be in trouble. Call your assemblymen like I did today. Especially the ones who abstained today.

taperxz
06-26-2012, 8:22 PM
The bill is not dead. They have until july 6th to come up with a "yes" vote. If they can persuade an assemblymen to change their vote or change their abstain or no vote then we will be in trouble. Call your assemblymen like I did today. Especially the ones who abstained today.

Thanks Shay, the group "protect ca hound hunting". Reported what I posted above, and claimed the bill dead.

Yotehnter
06-26-2012, 8:22 PM
I could careless to tell you the truth.Maybe the deer won't be scattered across the hill side anymore do to bear hunters and their dogs.

taperxz
06-26-2012, 8:24 PM
I could careless to tell you the truth.Maybe the deer won't be scattered across the hill side anymore do to bear hunters and their dogs.

Ridiculous! A good bear dog avoid deer like the plague!

lewdogg21
06-27-2012, 5:46 AM
I called yesterday. Hunters are behind the 8 ball to begin with in CA. Stand up and support each other as the Anti's are wonderfully skilled at using propaganda and the Courts/Legislature

DirtyDave
06-27-2012, 7:43 AM

Do you care about hunting at all? The HSUS is behind this and they said themselves, they will chip away at hunting little by little until it is completely GONE. That means Yotes and Deer hunting too. We ALL need to stick together on this.

VaderSpade
06-27-2012, 7:57 AM
Especially Yote hunting, that will be next, I mean come on they look like warm fuzzy dogs and you don't eat them. The antis will jump all over the fact they are just killed for fun.

njineermike
06-27-2012, 8:02 AM

This is the exact reason we have problems in this state. If you sit on the sidelines and say it doesn't affect you, next time it will, and there won't be anybody to help you on your issue because it isn't their problem either.

portegee
06-27-2012, 8:04 AM

This is exactly how the anti's want any hunter that doesn't use dogs to think. If you don't care about the way someone else hunts then you have no problem voting against it. Well if next up is coyote hunting what do you think the people will do that couldn't care less about hunting dogs. If you don't do it or couldn't care less about it you should still stand up for any type of hunting freedoms, because the next freedom to be challenged could very well be one that you like to participate in.

VaderSpade
06-27-2012, 8:11 AM
I believe I get my bear every year ONLY because the hound hunters push them around. The bears show up on my trail cameras just after the season starts.

Yotehnter
06-27-2012, 9:37 AM
They banned it in the 70's from what I was told and the bear population exploded so they brought it back.I know a guy that runs bear and coon and this is what he told me.
They will never ban Coyote hunting since they are predator of livestock and the federal government wants the Ag industry protected.
I bet others feel like me but are to scared to admit it they would rather hide behind the computer screen.

VaderSpade
06-27-2012, 9:40 AM
They will never ban Coyote hunting since they are predator of livestock and the federal government wants the Ag industry protected.

Do you really think CA laws are base on ANY rational thought????

Yotehnter
06-27-2012, 9:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yotehnter

Do you really think CA laws are base on ANY rational thought????
What do you expect the libs of this state to eat dirt not all of them are veges.:cool:

:7:

VaderSpade
06-27-2012, 9:50 AM
They banned it in the 70's from what I was told and the bear population exploded so they brought it back.I know a guy that runs bear and coon and this is what he told me.

I'm pretty sure he's wrong on that one. I was here hunting Bears in the 70's. I remember the ban. It's why we had to take every bear (now every other bear) to have a tooth pulled.
The courts ruled that the interest of the individual bears needed to be addressed not just the over heath of the bear population.
I don't remember missing a single season (maybe one) certainly not enough time to cause a population explosion.

The F&G worked hard the entire time to satisfy the courts ruling and get us back hunting bears.

njineermike
06-27-2012, 9:58 AM
What do you expect the libs of this state to eat dirt not all of them are veges.:cool:

:7:

Since when has any of that mattered? Mountain lions are predators and hunting them was banned. You are evidently unaware there is a push by the HSUS to ban all hunting in this state and it's been going on for a while under the guise of "protecting" sensitive areas or species or to remove "inhumane" practices. When (not if, when) they ban coyote hunting, coyotes will still be culled, but not by us. It will be by paid professional shooters. If you thinking that the AG industry will protect your pet hobby, you haven't been paying attention.

chicoredneck
06-27-2012, 10:54 AM
yotehnter

the sceen name and text style is very similar to a past forum member

portegee
06-27-2012, 11:23 AM
yotehnter

the sceen name and text style is very similar to a past forum member

I was wondering if he was a professional

VaderSpade
06-27-2012, 11:27 AM
:D:D

Rusty_Buckhorn
06-27-2012, 11:28 AM
I bet others feel like me but are to scared to admit it they would rather hide behind the computer screen.

Hasn't stopped CA tree huggers from screaming about wolf hunting in OTHER states, or lions... everywhere. Yotes and bobcats can't be to far down the list for the anti fight.

Others feel like you need to be educated.

IVC
06-27-2012, 12:22 PM

The Federal Government also says pot is illegal. Never stopped CA...

VFX_man
06-27-2012, 12:46 PM
Do you care about hunting at all? The HSUS is behind this and they said themselves, they will chip away at hunting little by little until it is completely GONE. That means Yotes and Deer hunting too. We ALL need to stick together on this.

Yes, like it goes . . . United we stand, Divided we fall.

And there are politicians who like "divided" - since it gives them more control!

ewarmour
06-27-2012, 1:43 PM
Assembly man Mike Gatto was the final swing vote. He abstained and the bill died :D

This bill can be reconsidered as early as next Tuesday July 3rd.

I just called everyone on the Water, Parks, and Wildlife Committee voicing my opposition again.

http://awpw.assembly.ca.gov/membersstaff
(http://awpw.assembly.ca.gov/membersstaff)

ewarmour
06-27-2012, 1:51 PM

A little paraphrase of Niemöller:

First they came for the lion hunters,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a lion hunter.

Then they came for the trappers,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a trapper.

Then they came for the hounds men,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a hounds man.

Then they came for my quarry
and there was no one left to speak out for me.

You are a fool.

portegee
06-27-2012, 2:33 PM
^^
That is sig worthy
I wish every hunter out there would understand these words and live by them. We would be in a better position in this state if we'd ban together regardless if we participate in that specific activity or not.

Yotehnter
06-27-2012, 3:41 PM
Calling people names will not help the cause you should write to some one.I hope it does not pass but if it does i will still sleep at night.
You guys are pretty hostile towards a new member of calguns.

pieeater
06-27-2012, 4:04 PM
Wheres Jeffpro?

DirtyDave
06-27-2012, 4:05 PM
Calling people names will not help the cause you should write to some one.I hope it does not pass but if it does i will still sleep at night.

Because every hunter that "doesn't care", Negatively and Directly effects ALL OTHER HUNTERS.

This is not DFG making this decision based on sound scientific data. This is the largest anti hunting group there is trying to chip away at our sport piece by piece until THERE WILL BE NO MORE HUNTING. This is whay we all need to stick together and support all hunting TOGETHER

bigboarstopper
06-27-2012, 4:30 PM
Yotehnter, I encourage you to do a little more investigation into this matter. It may not be obvious to you but thankfully its pretty obvious to the rest of us. You seem to be painfully uninformed as to the real intentions of the anti hounding bill. Being well informed, or getting well informed is what this website is all about. Making uninformed judgements and blanket statements will certainly make your time here less pleasant and probably temporary. We as hunters, sportsman and shooters here in california are on the ropes right now in terms of retaing these rights we all enjoy. We support all of these rights wether we participate in them or not. On this forum we understand that while we dont all care wether AR rifles are legal or not or wether hound hunting should be banned or not the point is we all support eachother. Because if we dont, we lose it all. My suggestion, read more in the beginning and post less.

IVC
06-27-2012, 4:41 PM

Nobody is calling you names. Nobody is hostile towards new members.

You stated an opinion and it's that particular opinion that is not well received here. If you support the ban, you might as well provide some reasoning behind it so we can discuss it. If you state that you don't care, well, then you are effectively supporting the ban so you might as well provide some reasoning behind it so we can discuss it.

ewarmour
06-27-2012, 5:01 PM
I hope it does not pass but if it does i will still sleep at night.
With any anti hunting legislation backed by HSUS or PETA or ELF or any of them, there can be no compromise.

You are either with me or you are against me.

lewdogg21
06-27-2012, 5:39 PM
Wheres Jeffpro?

Sitting in a chair next to PCH who's watching Yotehuntr post on calguns.

crackerman
06-27-2012, 8:16 PM
So much decisiveness, like I have posted before, I admit I don't care about the bill that much. I can't personally see running bear, I have my bobcat tag ready but won't be using dogs. I really prefer duck and bird hunting with some bunny thrown in. That said,
I FULLY HATE THIS BILL AND HAVE BEEN CALLING AND WRITING AGAINST IT!!!
This passes and the next bill with a just be a find and replace function to author a bill for pig and deer hunting, and then they tweak it to include bird dogs and duck dogs, then all that is left is those callous blood thirsty coyote hunters that just leave the carcases around.

The CA legislature is a lost cause and the second we don't stand up to them together we will fall separately.

Shoot-it
06-27-2012, 8:21 PM
So much decisiveness, like I have posted before, I admit I don't care about the bill that much. I can't personally see running bear, I have my bobcat tag ready but won't be using dogs. I really prefer duck and bird hunting with some bunny thrown in. That said,
I FULLY HATE THIS BILL AND HAVE BEEN CALLING AND WRITING AGAINST IT!!!
This passes and the next bill with a just be a find and replace function to author a bill for pig and deer hunting, and then they tweak it to include bird dogs and duck dogs, then all that is left is those callous blood thirsty coyote hunters that just leave the carcases around.

The CA legislature is a lost cause and the second we don't stand up to them together we will fall separately.
Hey now leave my coyote hunting out of it don't give them any idea's.:D

mif_slim
06-27-2012, 8:29 PM
One time I was sitting on a treestand and had hears dog barking from a distance... I was like, "aw man, this sucks!"....the bark came closer but drifted away from me.

I didn't see any deer that hunting trip...it sucks but I thought, I bet they must hate me sitting om a tree.

I learn to let them do what they like as I do what I like. With that said, anything to keep our hunting rights, I'm up for it.

toby
06-27-2012, 8:33 PM
Proyotehunter just posted on BloodyDecks last week, says I think he said he got a good Elk tag.......:shrug:

On the Dog issue I take no sides.

DirtyDave
06-28-2012, 9:23 AM
On the Dog issue I take no sides.

You cannot just sit on the sidelines and not have an opinion on this. That is exactly why they attack issues like this piece by piece. They KNOW that there are Hunters that will say they dont hunt with hounds, so this doesnt effect me. It is a very effective strategy due to many hunters thinking this way.

It's as simple as this: ALL HUNTERS need to support ALL HUNTING!!

Same goes for fishing and firearms laws. I NEVER fish in the ocean, but I am against the MLPA. I dont own an AR, but I am against the Bullet Button Ban.

Shoot-it
06-28-2012, 11:50 AM
tote they are going to tar and feather you just like yotehnter.........lol

IVC
06-28-2012, 12:39 PM
You cannot just sit on the sidelines and not have an opinion on this. That is exactly why they attack issues like this piece by piece.

More precisely, because this is an open attack, you end up on one side or another whether you want it or not. The "fence sitters" are always the force of the attacking side, in this case the "ban" side. There is a nice word for it: "complicity."

toby
06-28-2012, 6:46 PM
You cannot just sit on the sidelines and not have an opinion on this. That is exactly why they attack issues like this piece by piece. They KNOW that there are Hunters that will say they dont hunt with hounds, so this doesnt effect me. It is a very effective strategy due to many hunters thinking this way.

It's as simple as this: ALL HUNTERS need to support ALL HUNTING!!

Same goes for fishing and firearms laws. I NEVER fish in the ocean, but I am against the MLPA. I dont own an AR, but I am against the Bullet Button Ban.

Maybe.... maybe not.....Each has reasons for doing things I have mine.

mif_slim
06-28-2012, 9:45 PM
I don't think its a maybe maybe not thing. It is a WILL thing. It WILL happen sooner or later.

Hounds taken out a little less bear tag sold, a little less hunters out hunting, treestand ban, more hunters gone, etc to the point where nothing is there for hunters....it becomes obsolete ( like open carry) and hunting closed because no one does it any more....ALL hunters effected.

Rusty_Buckhorn
06-29-2012, 8:05 AM
I don't think its a maybe maybe not thing. It is a WILL thing. It WILL happen sooner or later.

Hounds taken out a little less bear tag sold, a little less hunters out hunting, treestand ban, more hunters gone, etc to the point where nothing is there for hunters....it becomes obsolete ( like open carry) and hunting closed because no one does it any more....ALL hunters effected.

It's more than that. Like the MLPA effect on the fishing industry, this will have a huge effect on guide services. Basically ALL bear guides will go out of business. The repercussions of these decisions go far and beyond just hunters.

mif_slim
06-29-2012, 8:42 AM
^ of course... I actually got writers block trying to type that. Haha..thanks.

DirtyDave
07-02-2012, 10:35 AM
They are re-voting on this today!!! Call and voice your Opposition to SB1221. Our previous victory does not mean squat if we lose this today, so dont just sit back and think we already won.
Contact info to make phone calls;
http://awpw.assembly...ov/membersstaff