PDA

View Full Version : Thumb Hole stocks for AK47s

Seaweed02
06-26-2012, 7:13 PM
Can anyone tell me if the thumb hole stocks are legal on an AK 47 in CA? Or will I have to have that changed out before it is shipped here?

Carl.

Sicarius
06-26-2012, 8:35 PM
CA recognizes the thumb hole as a pistol grip. It will have to be taken off before it gets here OR have the hole filled/plugged.
Kevin

stix213
06-26-2012, 9:35 PM
If you're installing a magazine lock they are legal. If you're trying to go featureless they are illegal. See the flowchart toward the top of the page.

Seaweed02
06-26-2012, 9:38 PM
That is what I thought, but I wasn't sure. Thank you both for replying. I want to buy an Arsenal SA 93. I'll put a bullet button on it. I don't mind.

Carl.

Chaos47
06-26-2012, 11:09 PM
CA recognizes the thumb hole as a pistol grip. It will have to be taken off before it gets here OR have the hole filled/plugged.
Kevin

Not exactly..
Thumb hole stocks are a separate listed feature and have their own definition in the law.

(e) “thumbhole stock” means a stock with a hole that allows the thumb of the trigger hand to penetrate into or through the stock while firing.

A magazine locked rifle can have features including a thumbhole stock.

A featureless build can not have any features including a thumbhole stock. In this case it would have to be changed out for a fixed stock and a non pistol grip. Or as Sicarius said fill the thumbhole portion.

I see you said you want to go magazine locked so you are good to go