View Full Version : Is this a proprietary barrel nut for noveske? Are there tools available for it?

06-26-2012, 6:33 PM
Hey all,

I have an 11" Noveske SWS quad rail from my RECCE upper that I am looking to sell. It's a great rail, but I want to switch to something with less real estate. All that I currently mount on it is a handstop and the front sight. The rest is just rail covers.

So, I start to take off all the set screws and come across this barrel nut. It is much slimmer than the normal FF barrel nuts so my armorer's tool pegs won't fit in it. Has anyone heard of or seen a special tool for getting these nuts on and off. I am hoping to sell this rail to finance and new handguard, but if someone needs a $100 specialized tool to mount it I doubt there will be many takers.

Thanks for the help, and if you are interested in the rail, let me know. I plan to sell it quick for a reasonable price.

06-26-2012, 6:38 PM
They'll run you about $38 shipped from SWS.

I think they came with two different barrel nuts as well as one would align the rail correctly when torqued to the proper spec and the other wouldn't...and those are pricey.

06-26-2012, 7:49 PM
Well, still more than I would like to spend, but not entirely unreasonable if I want to try a new rail. Thanks for the link. I honestly thought SWS was the model or style of the rail. I did not know it was manufactured by an entirely different company.