PDA

View Full Version : Bullet button inside NFarmory-15 polymer lower

Solidux
06-26-2012, 2:40 PM
Anyone else find that the bullet button sticks out way too much when installed on a new frontier armory polymer lower? I thought about maybe getting a rubber mallet but it seems to get harder to take out the deeper it goes.

A couple buddies shaved off maybe half an inch off the button itself to make it fit better. Anyone have to do this?

Thordo
06-26-2012, 2:57 PM
Anyone else find that the bullet button sticks out way too much when installed on a new frontier armory polymer lower? I thought about maybe getting a rubber mallet but it seems to get harder to take out the deeper it goes.

A couple buddies shaved off maybe half an inch off the button itself to make it fit better. Anyone have to do this?

Yes. The hole is not designed for the long shaft of the BB. It's tapered so it can eject from the mold easier, that's why it gets harder to push it in the hole deeper you go. Taking material off the front end of the BB shaft is an Ok solution, just don't take too much. I'd recommend machining or dremeling the taper out of the hole. I put them on our Bridgeport and machined them out.

You could also sand the sides of the shaft to fit the taper??

BTW. Unfortunately, Frontier Armory LW-15 polymer lower IS NOT compatible with our UBML system.

Thordo