View Full Version : Dedicated 9mm AR-Pistol?

06-26-2012, 11:35 AM
Noob here.

Can anyone provide any help/direction on if I can build a dedicated 9 mm AR-pistol, and how would I go about building/completing one in CA?

Thank you in advance for any help/direction you can provide CalGunners.

06-26-2012, 11:41 AM
The hardest thing you need to get is a pistol lower. The easiest way to get one is complete an 80% lower. Once your pistol lower has been completed there are a few options on the upper. You could source parts and assemble it or purchase a complete upper.

06-26-2012, 11:43 AM
MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A COMPLETE PISTOL LOWER PRIOR TO GETTING YOUR UPPER! There are some constructive possesion laws you need to be aware of.

06-26-2012, 11:49 AM
Thanks duece.

I saw that double diamond makes stripped 9 mm lowers, but after asking around certain FFL shops will only DROS it as a long gun. Any thoughts on that? Or should I just pick up an 80% and start from there?

Thanks again. So far after many fruitless emails and calls you have been most helpful.

06-26-2012, 1:29 PM
Contact Michael over at EBR Works who is in the Vendors section. I bought a couple guns from him and he will help you through the purchase of a AR pistol. I saw a few of the one's he had at his shop and they were awesome...he also handles transfers.

06-26-2012, 1:34 PM
Not to rain on your parade, but what would be the point? Just buy a Glock at least then you could use standard cap mags.

06-26-2012, 1:45 PM
Thanks Lifeon2whls. I have already contacted Michael and he said he could not help me at this time since having trouble on getting AR parts.

@joelogic I see what you are saying. I already own some 9 mm pistols and just liked the whole AR pistol concept. After reading many forum threads from many different sites many have mentioned the accuracy and controllability of a 223 or 556 is difficult. However, I appreciate your thoughts. Thanks.

06-26-2012, 5:24 PM
Not to rain on your parade, but what would be the point? Just buy a Glock at least then you could use standard cap mags.

just because I can.

OP, the easiest way is to get a 80% lower.

06-26-2012, 9:31 PM
OP, the easiest way is to get a 80% lower.

@jingerale nice builds. After more and more research it does look like I have to start with an 80% and go from there. Now I have to get started in learning more about the process with starting with an 80%.

06-26-2012, 10:33 PM
not sure what your location is but there are a few calgunners in both nor and socal.

check the market: wtb/service offered forum for build parties. there's also parties held by commercial vendors like Ares in SoCal.

I got a dedicated 9mm lower 80%. Chances are you will be getting a regualr AR 80% and adding a magwell.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to have a 9mm lower than takes Glock mags, but driving to SoCal is just not practical.

07-05-2012, 10:03 AM

I can also set you up to mill 80% lowers. I have programed a cnc to do the job.