PDA

View Full Version : Where can I get a rifle box?

yoda888
06-26-2012, 7:06 AM
All,
Not sure where to post this. So if this is in the forum, I apologize. Mod please move where this should go if needed. :o

Long story short. I received my Rossi R92 rifle and shot it this past weekend. Ran into a couple of issues and need to send it back to Taurus to have them take a look at it (thus far, I'm pretty impressed with their customer service!). I need to however ship the rifle back to them.

I have the original box it came in, but Taurus said I need to double box the rifle. Does anyone know where I can find/buy/borrow the outside box? I'm thinking Kinkos doesn't have boxes that are long and narrow that would fit the rifle box.

Thanks!

CSACANNONEER
06-26-2012, 7:10 AM
Ask your LGS. They throw them out daily. Or, just find a big box and cut it down to make the size and shape you need.

PEZHEAD265
06-26-2012, 7:17 AM
When I sold rifles on GB I used bed frame boxs.The ones that the steel anglles that hold up the matteress.They about 8 inchs wide by 3-4 inchs deep by about 7 foot and I cut them down to size.Why can't you just use the brown heavy paper they use for shipping on the org. box.I would call custmer service and ask if that was ok.

troysland
06-26-2012, 7:38 AM
Box City, a chain down here in SoCal, has all shapes and sizes. But your wallet will feel better if you find some carboard, scissors, and strong packaging tape. Make your own with pieces from your local gun shop.

BomarFab
06-26-2012, 8:12 AM
Can I ask what the issue are with the rifle? I ordered one last week in .357.

yoda888
06-26-2012, 8:46 AM
Good point! I need to call them and see what I can grab!

Ask your LGS. They throw them out daily. Or, just find a big box and cut it down to make the size and shape you need.

yoda888
06-26-2012, 8:53 AM
Actually it's not issue, but issueS. :D

The issues are:
-double ejecting of spent cartridge and the next live round (inconsistent but happens every so often)
-I had a couple of jams as well (worst one was a live round was stuck to the extractor and would not load the round nor let go of it. ended up having the range master pierce the brass so it would not be a live round if I needed to transport it home that way. After piercing it was eventually able to remove the round.)

Having said these issues (there was a 3rd but I don't remember what it is right now), it's a fun gun to shoot! I was shooting .38 out of it, and I swear you don't feel the kick or anything. Hoping to ship this out and get it back fixed!

One thing the guy did tell me was that hunting season just ended so they're running "6-8 weeks turnaround" on repairs right now. But he was upfront with me about all of that.

Can I ask what the issue are with the rifle? I ordered one last week in .357.

BomarFab
06-27-2012, 10:26 AM
Thanks for the info, I'm going in to do the paper work on mine today. Hopefully I will get a good one, I have heard they are hit and miss.

However, I have read a lot about "slicking up the action" with a bit of your time and a softer extractor spring those issues can be fixed yourself if you are handy. I am considering doing this after hooting it a few times, so that I can tell the difference. They talk about refining the trigger as well.