PDA

View Full Version : FS 2000 - looking for Optics suggestions

thrasherfox
06-25-2012, 8:26 PM
I am thinking about going with an EOTech holographic sight for my FS 2000.

If that seems like a good choice does anyone have a sugestion on which model? they have so many I am tired of looking at them and trying to figure it out.

If for some reason an EOTech holographic is not a good choice, anyone else have a better suggestion?

It is the tactical model..

Thanks in advance for inputs.

m03
06-25-2012, 9:02 PM
If you're stuck on EOTech, I think the XPS (no built-in riser) or EXPS (built-in QD riser) lines are the way to go due to their being more compact and also due to their increased reliability over the older models. As for which model, if you need NV capabilities, then the XPS3-*/EXPS3-*, if not, then the XPS2-*/EXPS2-*.

thrasherfox
06-25-2012, 9:05 PM
If you're stuck on EOTech, I think the XPS (no built-in riser) or EXPS (built-in QD riser) lines are the way to go due to their being more compact and also due to their increased reliability over the older models. As for which model, if you need NV capabilities, then the XPS3-*/EXPS3-*, if not, then the XPS2-*/EXPS2-*.

Thank you....

edwardjames
06-25-2012, 9:41 PM

agreed. these are the models id choose from if i went with an EOTech.:chris:

m03
06-25-2012, 10:38 PM
Might I suggest changing the thread title? "FS 2000 - Ideas.. suggestions" isn't as specific as it could be...something like "FS2000 optics suggestions" would get you WAY more responses.

thrasherfox
06-26-2012, 6:13 AM
Might I suggest changing the thread title? "FS 2000 - Ideas.. suggestions" isn't as specific as it could be...something like "FS2000 optics suggestions" would get you WAY more responses.

Good idea, thanks. done..

ST22
07-09-2012, 2:25 PM
I just put on the Leupold VX-R Patrol 3X9 with the Firedot.

Going to the range today to get it on paper.

Hopefully going sometime this week to get some distance work in.

Either way, I'm putting in some time in with this. I'm a little excited. I'll let you know how it goes.

starsnuffer
07-09-2012, 2:57 PM
Stay away from the models with the built in QD riser. You'll find they put the optic too high for most people. If you wear glasses then you may like the optic higher so the built in QD versions are fine.

The QD versions work for AR's, but they're too high for most piston guns like SCAR, 416 variants, ACR's, ect.

-W

ST22
07-18-2012, 12:54 PM
Generous eye relief, a lot of light, objects seen clearly and this rifle is a tack driver. Can't say enough about the optic or the bullpup.

I'm going this weekend to try and get some distance and see how well I can do with this setup at 200-300 meters.

I just put on the Leupold VX-R Patrol 3X9 with the Firedot.

Going to the range today to get it on paper.

Hopefully going sometime this week to get some distance work in.

Either way, I'm putting in some time in with this. I'm a little excited. I'll let you know how it goes.

guitar-nut
07-18-2012, 4:29 PM
You have an FS2000? Are you out of state or did you bullet button it or go featureless?

Sorry for not contributing to the OPs question, I'm just curious as I haven't seen an FS2000 in CA before and think that's pretty bad***.

B!ngo
07-18-2012, 5:04 PM
I'd suggest some magnification for that great beast of a gun (I've wanted one of those for years). Could be a 1-4x or a 2-8x with side-mounted BUIS or an Aimpoint with 3x swingaway magnifier. But I suspect that you'd almost always use the magnification (unless you clear houses for a living) and so the 2-8x with side-BUIS would be my recommendation. I've got that on my (much more conventional) AR but the same principal would apply.
In general I think some thread contributors think that less magnification is cooler, but, depending on your age, that may not be practicable.
B

thrasherfox
07-18-2012, 6:29 PM
You have an FS2000? Are you out of state or did you bullet button it or go featureless?

Sorry for not contributing to the OPs question, I'm just curious as I haven't seen an FS2000 in CA before and think that's pretty bad***.

No, I am in California. a local store has the license to modify firearms. so they extended the barrel length to make it 30". They made a bullet button for it that looks good. And they blocked the bottom mag release.

When I get a chance I will take a picture and post it. I ended up going with an EOtech XPS 3 and a sightmark 7x slide magnafier.

The EOTECH by itself is fine even with the QD, but with the 7X on it the sight picture is off. not sure what to do about it. The EOTECH sits higher on the rail than the 7x magnafier.

I also still need to put the lower rail system on it I purchased and my tac light and laser. Trying to do that in the next few days, want to go shooting this Saturday.

Need to finish getting my PS90 together also. have a red dot on it now, but think I am going to take my EOTECH holo sight off one of my AR's and put it on the PS90 and put my other Sightmark 7x magnafier on the PS90 and just put a red dot and 5x maganfier on my AR.

monorailboy
07-19-2012, 5:40 AM
I have the 556 on mine (see avatar)

ST22
08-27-2012, 3:28 PM
Bullet Button. Also removed the magwell gasket so that the magazines can drop freely. Having to manipulate a bullet button and pull out on the magazine held in place by that rubber gasket is a genuine pain in the arse. I will keep extra gastkets to put back in if I move out of state and convert it back to stock.

And yes, it is pretty bad a**. I was skeptical at first when presented with it, but after some time on the range with it, it has turned into a favorite. Not the favorite, but one of many!

KMosley
08-27-2012, 3:33 PM
EOtech is always a good option. I run an Aimpoint T1 now which is great, but I'm really missing the reticle of my old EOtech. Im going to go back to them on my next build.

dhawkins
08-27-2012, 4:01 PM
NF 1-4 is a great optic for it. I run mine featureless with a hi desert dog match barrel - fun set up.

cs101
09-11-2012, 9:40 AM
I went with a TA33. As happy as can be.