PDA

View Full Version : Houlding Firearms - Madera

mcholak
06-25-2012, 5:17 PM
I was in Madera today-partly so I could chect our Houlding but don't tell the boss-and stopped in to see what they had to offer. They don't have a huge selection, though their specialty is customer AR's so I guess there is no point in having a rack full of finished guns. They also have a decent selection of hand guns and can order pretty much anything you want.

The guy I talked with, and I fell dumb that I don't remember his name, was a really cool guy. We talked about customizing AR's, carry guns, caliber choices,etc and he was not only knowledgeable but also willing to listen to my side. This is something that I've seen many gun stores lack.

When we talked prices they were very reasonable. We talked about triggers and he said they had Gissele triggers starting at about $220. That's what I've found online so I'm good with that. The barrel I was interested in was about $180. Again, not bad.

I didn't buy anything today but when I get to building my next gun I will definitely buy my parts there. They also do full billet lowers and uppers and can engrave 80% lowers(but no serial numbers). I just thought I'd share my experience and hope these guys do well.