PDA

View Full Version : 870 is in jail!!!!!!! 10 LONG DAYS!

The Law
06-23-2012, 1:53 PM
I just purchased a 870 and now it's the waiting game!!!

Ubermcoupe
06-23-2012, 1:56 PM
Congrats OP!

You can’t go wrong with an 870.

Sturnovik
06-23-2012, 2:35 PM
Good choice OP. My favorite model too.

hossb7
06-23-2012, 3:04 PM
Awesome! You won't be disappointed.

CK_32
06-23-2012, 3:52 PM
Nice just got done with my ten days of hell. Good luck finding a hobby to keep your Minf off it.

OneGun
06-23-2012, 5:04 PM
What kind of stocks? Regardless, well worth the wait.

The Law
06-23-2012, 5:46 PM
What kind of stocks? Regardless, well worth the wait.

Wood stocks :)

stkcode
06-23-2012, 7:43 PM
Congrats!

Mossy Man
06-23-2012, 8:00 PM
Has anyone compared new production Remington shotguns to their older productions?

I have heard Remington has slipped a lot in QC the past few years, and their QC issues have spilled over to Marlin since they acquired them.

bsg
06-23-2012, 10:13 PM
congratulations on your 870.

The Law
06-26-2012, 7:25 AM
This wait is killing me!!!!!!!

CK_32
06-26-2012, 7:31 AM
This wait is killing me!!!!!!!

Haha what I do to pass time is buy a few basic goodies for her (case,cleaning stuff,ammo,ect) so I can play with that stuff until my guns get out.

The Law
06-26-2012, 8:07 AM
Haha what I do to pass time is buy a few basic goodies for her (case,cleaning stuff,ammo,ect) so I can play with that stuff until my guns get out.

Sadly....I have a case already purchased and cleaning stuff and ammo is ready to be used....

I need to figure something else out to keep my mind of the days....I still have a week left to go.... :(

And I'm already looking at accessories to purchase for the gun (Magpul stock and forend but still looking at saddles)

offdutyalot
06-26-2012, 8:13 AM
I'll never give up my 870.

Last month I bought a Mossy 500 w/ ATI 6 position pistol grip stock, I put on a heat shield, flashlight/laser/strobe on a Nebo Protec mount (love those mounts), Pic rail w/ reflex sight, single point tac sling and SOLD IT because like the 870 so much more. The 500 is a great gun, but I'm an 870 guy, I guess.

The Law
06-26-2012, 8:31 AM
I'll never give up my 870.

Last month I bought a Mossy 500 w/ ATI 6 position pistol grip stock, I put on a heat shield, flashlight/laser/strobe on a Nebo Protec mount (love those mounts), Pic rail w/ reflex sight, single point tac sling and SOLD IT because like the 870 so much more. The 500 is a great gun, but I'm an 870 guy, I guess.

I've only shot an 870 but I love the feel of the gun and I can't see myself buying a mossy at all.

CK_32
06-26-2012, 8:57 AM
Sadly....I have a case already purchased and cleaning stuff and ammo is ready to be used....

I need to figure something else out to keep my mind of the days....I still have a week left to go.... :(

And I'm already looking at accessories to purchase for the gun (Magpul stock and forend but still looking at saddles)

Order a side saddle then. I ordered mine in the 10 day but don't go crazy and buy useless mods a sidesaddle is justifiable but that's about it wait for the tac lights stocks and all the other extras after you have showy it for a few months and know you need it or else you'll be stuck with a bunch of for sale junk and lose some good $$. But I think a side saddle is worth it I bought one before my 870 was out funny thing I got both same day.

Check out the messa tactical (heard good about them) but the tac star I have seems really solid especially for only being $30 shipped.

chunker
06-26-2012, 9:42 AM
Grats! I love my 870!

The Law
06-26-2012, 10:04 AM
Order a side saddle then. I ordered mine in the 10 day but don't go crazy and buy useless mods a sidesaddle is justifiable but that's about it wait for the tac lights stocks and all the other extras after you have showy it for a few months and know you need it or else you'll be stuck with a bunch of for sale junk and lose some good $$. But I think a side saddle is worth it I bought one before my 870 was out funny thing I got both same day.

Check out the messa tactical (heard good about them) but the tac star I have seems really solid especially for only being $30 shipped.

That mesa tactical saddle rail is making me drool!!!!

hcbr
06-26-2012, 10:15 AM
congrats!

The Law
06-26-2012, 12:06 PM
Does anybody know if the Mesa Tactical saddle rail will affect using the bead to aim?

CK_32
06-26-2012, 12:18 PM
Does anybody know if the Mesa Tactical saddle rail will affect using the bead to aim?

I'd assume so being that you now have a cm or around that of metal on top or your receiver. Your stocks build to have you look right down the receiver flush with the bead. Adding a rail should only be for rifle sights up front. And unless you plan on running a optic it's useless IMO even with an optic I feel it's a little too ninja for a practical application.

The Law
06-26-2012, 12:37 PM
I'd assume so being that you now have a cm or around that of metal on top or your receiver. Your stocks build to have you look right down the receiver flush with the bead. Adding a rail should only be for rifle sights up front. And unless you plan on running a optic it's useless IMO even with an optic I feel it's a little too ninja for a practical application.

I think I'm just getting caught up with having rails for whatever application. Haha!

I know I will be getting the Magpul stock and forend for my 870

offdutyalot
06-26-2012, 1:29 PM
I've only shot an 870 but I love the feel of the gun and I can't see myself buying a mossy at all.

I found that out the expensive way....:o.....I've owned my 870 for about 10 years and used one at work until about 3 years ago, so I'm very familiar with 870s. I figured I'd get the Mossy 500 tac'd out and have best of both worlds. Not so.....my muscle memory kept going to the action release button where it would have been on the 870. I tried to "unlearn" the 870 but I couldn't nor did I want to. So, it went to my dad for a financial loss and an expensive lesson.

Mossy 500 are great systems, don't get me wrong, but once I learned and trained on the 870, it was very hard for me to make the transition.

OP- I have zero doubt you will enjoy your 870. They are easy to take down for cleaning and, if cared for, will last you a long, long time. Have fun and be safe!

offdutyalot
06-26-2012, 1:34 PM

I don't have the Mesa, but my UTG saddle rail is see through. I can see the bead fine but I feel kind confined as to field of vision using the bead. I have a low end red-dot on top. It's set up for HD but if I throw the 28" barrel on for hunting or clays, the rail and red dot will come off.

The Law
06-26-2012, 1:48 PM
I don't have the Mesa, but my UTG saddle rail is see through. I can see the bead fine but I feel kind confined as to field of vision using the bead. I have a low end red-dot on top. It's set up for HD but if I throw the 28" barrel on for hunting or clays, the rail and red dot will come off.

Hm.....I would want a side saddle so it's a must for me. The Mesa Tatical saddle rail sits on the receiver itself and isn't raised up like the UTG

Ribkick
06-26-2012, 2:37 PM
Hm.....I would want a side saddle so it's a must for me. The Mesa Tatical saddle rail sits on the receiver itself and isn't raised up like the UTG

Wrong. I have the Mesa rail/saddle. It DOES have a see through for the front bead. I did not mount it because I got a rifle sighted barrel instead. It is of the finest quality I have ever encountered in saddles and ordered a saddle without the rail from Mesa. If you're interested, let me know. I'll sell it off.

As to the QC at Remington, I have seen no fault other than the occasional that slips out. Just like any other brand. In my opinion, it's a far superior product than the Mossburg 500 but that's a matter of opinion, of course. Both serve well.

The Law
06-27-2012, 8:39 AM
Wrong. I have the Mesa rail/saddle. It DOES have a see through for the front bead. I did not mount it because I got a rifle sighted barrel instead. It is of the finest quality I have ever encountered in saddles and ordered a saddle without the rail from Mesa. If you're interested, let me know. I'll sell it off.

As to the QC at Remington, I have seen no fault other than the occasional that slips out. Just like any other brand. In my opinion, it's a far superior product than the Mossburg 500 but that's a matter of opinion, of course. Both serve well.

Hey I sent you a PM about the saddle, LMK

The Law
06-28-2012, 8:05 AM
Is it tuesday yet!?!?!

MrExel17
06-28-2012, 10:54 AM
Niice, congrats!Great platform!

SoCalXD
06-28-2012, 1:32 PM
I just purchased an 870 today as well from a fellow Calgunner... 10 days in jail, thanks to the maxist-statists of California.

It's the just plain-jane 870 Express 18" with bead sight, syn stock. I have some old, well seasoned wood furniture from a 1980's police gun I'll be swapping onto it for a that retro look... other than that, I'm keeping all the junk off of it... no lights/lasers/side-saddles/mag extentions or pistol grips... just a simple, fast pointing pig for tactical matches at the range and a truck gun.

Long live the 12 Gauge Pump Gun!

EXTREMEOPS1
06-30-2012, 3:22 AM

And I'm already looking at accessories to purchase for the gun (Magpul stock and forend but still looking at saddles) Look at aip tactical for anything 870 related and when you are ready to upgrade your 870 JD the owner is the man. Great customer service excellent upgrades and in a timely reasonably priced manner. Look at the webpage on aip tactical website concerning cleaning and break in worth their weight in gold.

forgiven
06-30-2012, 4:30 AM
Congrats!

The Law
07-02-2012, 6:11 PM
Tomorrow is the big day!!! Woot!!!!!

The Law
07-03-2012, 7:51 AM
I should have taken today off from work and waited till 1pm so that I could go pick up my shotgun! Ahhhhh!! I'm giddy like a school girl going to a justin beiber concert, HAHAHA!!!!

CK_32
07-03-2012, 8:32 AM
Haha I feel you man. I ended up taking a long lunch when mine was out and drive down to grab it. Couldn't help my self

The Law
07-03-2012, 8:09 PM
My baby is out of jail and with new parts already!!!

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n219/TheLaw05/Gun/IMG_1358.jpg

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n219/TheLaw05/Gun/IMG_1359.jpg

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n219/TheLaw05/Gun/IMG_1360.jpg

I will get better pictures after I go shooting with it this weekend!!!!!

CK_32
07-03-2012, 8:39 PM
Congrats!!

Darto
07-03-2012, 9:46 PM
Here's a guy who just applied some mimwax wood finish to darken the wood stock down to a tactical ebony color, retaining the stock recoil pad. Notice the wire racks used to hold while drying...

I traded my 870 away or I might be trying the same thing now...

http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=292083

egpost916
07-03-2012, 9:50 PM
Looks great with the Magpul SGA and Forend. Plannng to run the same setup. Some people dislike the look of the SGA but i think its badass.

Just put a Rem870 HD in jail today. Only another 234hrs left!