PDA

View Full Version : question: free float rail with flip up sights...zero possible?

romeo26
06-23-2012, 2:49 PM
So I finally finish my rifle, turns out to be a complete RG build. I got the upper with the troy 13" alpha rail. I put the midwest industries sights on (i have this one for the front link (http://www.riflegear.com/p-36-midwest-industries-flip-up-sight-front-rail-mctar-ffr.aspx)).

The rifle shoots beautifully but, its hitting high left (poa centermass, poi targets right shoulder). I crank the rear sight to the left, still high left, all the way, still left. I was thinking it is me but, same problem with my brother inlaw, and one of my friends.

What should I do, or check on the rifle?

I really like the look and feel of the rail,but if that is giving me problems, i dont mind changing to a standard barrel mounted sight with a moe forend.

Just as a FYI, I zero'ed my scar17 at 50 yards and it will hit were i point it.

Thanks.

quig
06-23-2012, 3:14 PM
I am not familiar with the Troy rail, but the rail is probably canted. It doesn't take much for the front sight to be out of line.

My guess anyhow.

SuperSet
06-23-2012, 3:14 PM
If it hits high left, you need to move the rear sight to the right and front sight counterclockwise to raise it.

tuna quesadilla
06-23-2012, 4:11 PM
The rifle shoots beautifully but, its hitting high left (poa centermass, poi targets right shoulder). I crank the rear sight to the left, still high left, all the way, still left.

Oops.

romeo26
06-23-2012, 7:45 PM
If it hits high left, you need to move the rear sight to the right and front sight counterclockwise to raise it.

whoops...i think i went the wrong way!! will try again!

jkonquer
06-23-2012, 7:56 PM
Yeah almost every sights mounted on free float rails not perfectly lined up. Even with tradational a2 sight on the barrel is not straight. Even my original colt shoots little to the left. You just gotta adjust them

Chaos47
06-23-2012, 10:57 PM
Here is a good way to remember it:
Front site is near enemy - enemy does the opposite as you want
Rear site is near you - it does what you want