PDA

View Full Version : upper for ar 15

Hl75
06-23-2012, 8:45 AM
Hey guys I seem to more and better info here than most places. I own a Colt 6940 and my wife wanted a ar so we decided to piece one togather for her cause of price. I bought a cmmg trigure kit and a dti lower and a stag arms h2 upper and buttstock kit. I was told that stag is not a good upper and fails alot. It is staked well at the gas key and it came with m4 feed ramps and the barrel is chrome lined. I just got this so I havent got to shoot it yet so just looking for input .

Munny$hot
06-23-2012, 10:04 AM
I'm not sure where your getting the info from, but Stag is an awesome company who stands behind their product. If your regretting your purchase you can sell it to me for cheap and I'll gladly take it off your hands.

Hl75
06-23-2012, 10:14 AM
I dont think im selling anything lol. I am new to ar's and just wanted some info . I was talking to a fire arms dealer and they said they wouldnt even sell it because it was crap. I just wanted input from someone who actualy shoots stag and knows what hell is really going on. The ar world is very confusing people talk like some of these brands will just jam up every pull of the trigure.

Arteel
06-23-2012, 11:20 AM
My first upper was a Stag 2HT that shot flawlessly. I wouldn't get too hung up on what these gun shops are telling you. Some shops give very good advice and information, while a lot just spread FUD.

Go out and let your wife enjoy her new rifle. :thumbsup:

SocomM4
06-23-2012, 12:07 PM
Whoever told you that is more of a newb at ARs than you are and I would steer clear of that shop for furture AR15 needs.

Stag is g2g.
I'm pretty sure they test fire every upper.

h0use
06-23-2012, 1:10 PM
yes stag is a good company. life time warenty

Munny$hot
06-23-2012, 5:53 PM
Just an FYI Stag's big brother is CMT which supplies the military and I'm sure Stag gets a least some of their parts directly from CMT...

Hl75
06-23-2012, 6:46 PM
Thanks guys . tomarrow Im going try to get my wife to go to linden with me and run a 100 rounds through it and see how it does

slappomatt
06-23-2012, 7:54 PM
stag stuff is good to go.

SFgiants105
06-23-2012, 8:12 PM
I was talking to a fire arms dealer and they said they wouldnt even sell it because it was crap. I just wanted input from someone who actualy shoots stag and knows what hell is really going on.

He might have had some sort of ulterior motive in telling you that Stag was bad, or he had some personal experience that put him off. I do the same thing with Glocks; I had a slide on a G17 pop off its rails and irreparably jam, and I make sure to bring that up anytime someone tries to tell me how indestructible Glocks are. Even the best companies will have lemons; what counts is the customer support and how well they manage to correct QC problems

Regardless of what your dealer thinks, here are some facts:

-Stag has a lifetime warranty
-as a result of their warranty, many PDs use Stag
-as far as I know, they are the only mainstream mfg that makes left handed uppers

weber_2
06-24-2012, 9:27 AM
I've had my Stag build for 5 years no issues