PDA

View Full Version : CZ Side by Side

Go Navy
06-22-2012, 3:47 PM
I've come across a used CZ side by side, 20 gauge, in very good to almost excellent condition, with what appears to be a nickel plated receiver. I'll have to go back to the store to check what the barrel length is and whether it has interchangeable chokes or not. They're asking $450 for it which seems like a very tempting price on the surface. It has attractive walnut, too.

I've never owned, shot, or researched CZ shotguns but the general scuttlebutt is that they make good firearms.

What model could this be, and should I take a serious run at it? Any tips on what I should look for? I don't see anything exactly like it on CZ USA's current website.

bjl333
06-22-2012, 4:27 PM
They are very good shotguns for the money. The are all made by Huglu. I have/had a 20ga, 28ga & 410 SxS from them and am very happy with my CZ. Since its nickeled see if its a DeHaan. DeHaan customize & smooth out the action after they get the basic gun.

Go Navy
06-23-2012, 7:47 AM
They are very good shotguns for the money. The are all made by Huglu. I have/had a 20ga, 28ga & 410 SxS from them and am very happy with my CZ. Since its nickeled see if its a DeHaan. DeHaan customize & smooth out the action after they get the basic gun.

Thanks for your comments. How would I determine, from examining the gun, that it's a DeHaan? This is not a private party sale and the dealer won't disclose the identity of whoever traded it in.

Is DeHaan a Euro or a U.S. shop?

Go Navy
06-23-2012, 8:07 AM
Just found this review on Huglu shotguns, with pictures. These pictures look an awful lot like the one I saw in the store. Very interesting:

http://www.gunblast.com/HugluUSA.htm

bjl333
06-23-2012, 11:22 PM
Thanks for your comments. How would I determine, from examining the gun, that it's a DeHaan? This is not a private party sale and the dealer won't disclose the identity of whoever traded it in.

Is DeHaan a Euro or a U.S. shop?

It'll be marked DeHaan on the reciever.
US shop.

Just found this review on Huglu shotguns, with pictures. These pictures look an awful lot like the one I saw in the store. Very interesting:

http://www.gunblast.com/HugluUSA.htm

For the $450 I'd ask them if they would do $400 real politely and if they won't I'll probably still buy the gun. My 20ga looks a lot like the one you posted above and I paid a tiny bit more for it.

aalvidrez
06-24-2012, 8:19 AM
Wheres the store I'll buy it ;). I have a Ringneck 28" and love it. although I've never used it, I hear CZ customer service is great.

stockranger
06-25-2012, 5:43 AM
I had a bobwhite for a while. As I recall I sold it for 450 with about 200 rounds down the pipe. A fine gun other then the heavy triggers. I didn't care for the straight grip.

The rule of thumb on a used cz shotgun is do not buy one prior to 2008 production. The date of production is stamped on the barrel as a 2 digit number such as 08.

The reason is they had firing pin problems and more. CZ has addressed these problems and since 08 the majority of guns are fine.

A B gun,no... A good gun for 450 bucks, yes.

WOuldn't mind a mallard just for whacking jack rabbits and chukar. The right price for beating to hell while hunting. Only problem is they don't fit me well.