PDA

View Full Version : Magazines in CA?

Mab Asakura
06-22-2012, 1:31 PM
I have a friend who has a few 30 round magazines and he is currently out of California. Is it legal for him to transport the magazines into California? For storage purposes only, he isn't going to be using it within the states border, of course. I've always wondered about the legality of that. I know that you can't sell or purchase a "high capacity" magazine post the 2000 ban, but I'm unsure of whether or not one can transport them.

CSACANNONEER
06-22-2012, 1:34 PM
If HE possessed them in Ca prior to 1-1-00, he is free to bring them back to Ca anytime. If not, he would be committing a felony.

Now, go find and read the exact wording of the law. You will find that "purchasing" is not included but, importing and manufacturing are.

ke6guj
32310. Except as provided in Article 2 (commencing with Section
32400) of this chapter and in Chapter 1 (commencing with Section
17700) of Division 2 of Title 2, commencing January 1, 2000, any
person in this state who manufactures or causes to be manufactured,
imports into the state, keeps for sale, or offers or exposes for
sale, or who gives, or lends, any large-capacity magazine is
punishable by imprisonment in a county jail not exceeding one year or
in the state prison.

winnre
Take them apart.

Lawmonkey33
06-22-2012, 1:36 PM
Take them apart.

Yep - partz is partz

stix213
06-22-2012, 1:43 PM
If HE possessed them in Ca prior to 1-1-00, he is free to bring them back to Ca anytime. If not, he would be committing a felony.

Now, go find and read the exact wording of the law. You will find that "purchasing" is not included but, importing and manufacturing are.

Something to realize about "purchasing" though, just to make it clear for the not informed, is taking part in an illegal sale, even as the purchaser, is still illegal. The sale has to be legal for the purchase to be legal, such as if you purchase from an armored car company.