PDA

View Full Version : Any cad monkeys on here :D

lonewolf50
06-21-2012, 8:59 PM
Any body out here in the cad design field or know of any places doing some hiring ? I have 11 years experience in the Architecture design field and 2 years of Mechanical drafting. Things are really tough out in the world. I've been off work for a whole year and struggling. Any leads would be greatly appreciated.

Curtis
06-22-2012, 12:22 AM
I'm on the engineering side of the business. I have seen some postings for cad drafters. Check out www.thingamajob.com

Good luck!

lonewolf50
06-22-2012, 6:52 AM
Thank you Mr. Curtis. I will definitely look into it.

Peter.Steele
06-22-2012, 6:39 PM
Any body out here in the cad design field or know of any places doing some hiring ? I have 11 years experience in the Architecture design field and 2 years of Mechanical drafting. Things are really tough out in the world. I've been off work for a whole year and struggling. Any leads would be greatly appreciated.

Oh, man, that sucks. I'm in a CAD position now, up in Central CA, and the job I'm filling was moved up here from Pomona about a year ago. :(

My company I think might be looking for an Inventor guy in Georgia ...

Tom Slick
06-22-2012, 6:42 PM
I use SolidWorks every day but unfortunately we are not hiring any draftsmen.

Is your experience only 2d or have you done 3d also?

I may have a lead in the San Luis Obispo area if you want to move.

lonewolf50
06-22-2012, 9:59 PM
I do both 2d and 3d, isometrics as well, but I do need to take a refresher coarse in solid works, I've notice it's currently in demand. I haven't used it in years. I was laid off from KB home a Year ago where I worked for the past 11 years, all architecture, it was mostly 2d layouts, and brochures presentations. But thanks for all your input fellas. I'm located in Pomona, I can travel about a 60 mile radius.