PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have issues with the new 870 tactical ?

kayaker55
06-21-2012, 9:22 PM
Just picked up my new Remington 870 Tactical. I know it's a production gun, but what happened to QC at Remington ? I have two others, and they're nothing like this one. 1.The pad is poorly fitted to the stock and sits over the stock with a noticeable lip. 2. The seams on top have excess material. 3. The bottom of the receiver is rough and streaked. Looks like the machine didn't finish (sand?)that part of the receiver. 4.The forend rattles and has so much play that I thought it was loose. When I balked at taking it home, the good people at Turners said, "It does have some issues. But you'll have to talk to Remington. It's not like a pair of pants you can just return." Calling Remington in the morning. Never dealing with Turners again.

elSquid
06-21-2012, 11:30 PM
Did you inspect it when you DROS'd it?

-- Michael

kayaker55
06-22-2012, 5:37 PM
Wasn't in the store. Came from warehouse.

deckhandmike
06-22-2012, 6:38 PM
Yeah, with the new remingtons you should inspect. I went through five boxes to find the one I wanted. Same with any gun though.

Wallabing
06-23-2012, 2:23 AM
The quality of 870's freedom group is making is crappier than ever. Remingtons customer service is worse aswell.

kayaker55
06-23-2012, 5:15 AM
I called Remington yesterday. The rep. went out of her way to help. She listed all my concerns, apologized, and then told me to go out and shoot it to see how it functions. She e-mailed the necessary return form and shipping label almost immediately. She also asked me to include a letter regarding the quality. She also hinted at specific language I should use. "You might say..." Let's see what happens when I get it back. Lesson learned.

DEPUTYBILL
06-23-2012, 6:31 AM
I have never been to Turners,but the guns I have ordered in the past from other gunshops have always had the option of inspection prior to the dros. In this day and age any gun coming into a shop can have issues or problems. It seems to me that if the gun had issues on your inspection,Turners should have made it right. I hope Remington takes care of any of the problems on their dime.

hossb7
06-23-2012, 4:02 PM
I've owned my 870 (express magnum from Big 5) for a number of years and it's been very reliable - except with Walmart Winchester bird shot (which has a known problem for failure to extract).

It's good to see Remington standing behind their product. Please post a follow up with what happens!

BigDogatPlay
06-23-2012, 4:41 PM
As above, when I've ordered guns I have always been able to inspect before starting the DROS. Happy to hear Big Green is being responsive .

.300 Weatherby Mag
06-23-2012, 10:22 PM
I called Remington yesterday. The rep. went out of her way to help. She listed all my concerns, apologized, and then told me to go out and shoot it to see how it functions. She e-mailed the necessary return form and shipping label almost immediately. She also asked me to include a letter regarding the quality. She also hinted at specific language I should use. "You might say..." Let's see what happens when I get it back. Lesson learned.

Was it Dell that helped you??

kayaker55
06-25-2012, 6:07 AM
Was it Dell that helped you??

No. Pam. She obviously knew her shotguns. When I listed my concerns, she explained the manufacturing process and what should have happened and what they should do do to remedy the problem. She was great. Sending gun back today.

NYCShooter
06-26-2012, 1:28 AM
The quality of 870's freedom group is making is crappier than ever. Remingtons customer service is worse aswell.

I have always found Remington customer service to first rate.

.300 Weatherby Mag
06-26-2012, 7:27 AM
No. Pam. She obviously knew her shotguns. When I listed my concerns, she explained the manufacturing process and what should have happened and what they should do do to remedy the problem. She was great. Sending gun back today.

I believe I talked to her when I was trying to get the problems on my POS Wingmaster resolved... They ended up sending me a new gun that also had to be sent back for work..

I have always found Remington customer service to first rate.

Not always the case... They flat out refused to help me with one of my guns... It wasn't until I posted a rant on their "700" MSBNC rebuttal website that I got some help...

offdutyalot
06-26-2012, 9:19 AM
I've owned my 870 (express magnum from Big 5) for a number of years and it's been very reliable - except with Walmart Winchester bird shot (which has a known problem for failure to extract).

That's intresting.....I have issues with Feds FTE. I only use WW because of that. Each gun IS different.