PDA

View Full Version : Multi-rifle cleaning rack

problemchild
06-21-2012, 7:35 PM
Having lots of spare time this weekend I built a double rifle cleaning rack from some spare wood I had laying around. I wanted to be able to clean both barrels at a time. Its basically just a half wood box with the cut out higher on one end and padded with foam.

I can solvent swab one barrel and then move to the next allowing a bit of soak time without wasting time. I talked my wife into cleaning the bcg's :D while I cleaned the barrels and chambers.

This "rack system" would work for as many rifle as you shoot at one time (3, 4, 5 or more. As long as it fits on your work bench.

Anyways just thought I would show the idea in case anyone was interested.

http://www.michaelkdickson.com/webjunk/LMT/riflecleaning/P1000441a.jpg

SpeedTribe
06-21-2012, 11:23 PM
I always come back with at least 2 dirty rifles, sometimes 4-6. I break them down onto a folding table and clean them assembly line style also. That rack you built is pretty slick. Nice work.

trigger hippie
06-21-2012, 11:31 PM
Nice. How do you brace the rifle in that setup as you push the one-piece rod forward through the bore guide (presumably)?

problemchild
06-22-2012, 5:34 AM
Nice. How do you brace the rifle in that setup as you push the one-piece rod forward through the bore guide (presumably)?

3 ways:

Rear take-down pin hole hits the wood
The tacky foam keeps it from sliding
The front rail hits and keeps it from moving