PDA

View Full Version : Bank of America and HSUS

DirtyDave
06-21-2012, 2:58 PM
First it was the McMillan Group issue (Firearms manufacturer), now they are partnered with HSUS.

If you haven't already, close your accounts with them and be sure to tell them WHY

http://www.beltwaybeef.com/2012/06/bank-of-american-partners-with-hsus.html

toby
06-21-2012, 3:48 PM
Never liked BOA at any time.....:banghead: it actually got so bad when I was a contractor I would not accept payment on BOA checks.....yeah it hurt but I don't support POS'S

lewdogg21
06-21-2012, 3:59 PM
My dad just caught on (well at least he just forwarded me the email a few days ago) to the McMillian thing and man was he hot lol.

Shamefully I'm with Wells Fargo. We stay with them b/c my wife worked there years ago and we have great free checking plans, etc. Plus they have a zillion locations. But yes I hate them when I need more than just an ATM.

chicoredneck
06-21-2012, 6:18 PM
Funny this comes up today. We just closed out my wife's 2 accounts with BOA and moved them over to the bank I am with today. I can not in good conscience support BOA.

dantodd
06-21-2012, 6:57 PM
I haven't closed my account. My only solace is that I have a lifetime free checking etc. service so I am costing them money every month. We do our saving and other complicated banking at other institutions.

AJAX22
06-21-2012, 7:04 PM
hmm......

I think technicallly telling people to close out their accounts with a particular banking institution could be construed as "Inciting a bank run"..... IIRC thats a felony.... (not 100%, but I know its not smiled upon)

otherwise I'd be down with standing out side with a sign that said

"BANK OF AMERICA IS (morally) INSOLVENT!"

Cali-V
06-21-2012, 7:06 PM
Keep Up the good work...
Moody's downgrades BofA credit rating plus a few other big banks

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-banks-downgrade-20120622,0,4841635.story (http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-banks-downgrade-20120622,0,4841635.story)

Eric Mayer
06-21-2012, 7:35 PM
Go local and open an account with a Credit Union! We dumped BofA years ago.

Eric :cool:

Blitz
06-22-2012, 10:01 AM
Left this bank also, too much excessive hidden service charges. Moved to Wells and can't be much happier!

jmonte35
06-22-2012, 10:39 AM
B of A is a huge supporter of Ducks Unlimited....just another side of the coin...

mif_slim
06-22-2012, 11:05 AM
Bo-Fa as my wife pronounces it sucks. We left after being a customer for 15 years...We got out because of their stupid fee's. There was a fee for checking X and a fee to cover the fee of the fee because they had to check X and because of the fee for the fee they have to charge a fee for that fee in which has another fee for that fee because it is in their policy. But wait! Because of the policy, there has to be a fee for that too because policy had to be written so fees has to be made and because of that fee there has to be a fee for the fee for policy because the fee has to be charged according to the policy. Once the fee was paid you finally get the X thing you were looking for. But because you got what you needed, they have to charge a fee for the information they provided. Because of the info provided fee, they have to.....

yeah, you get the point... Hated them for that.

Lancear15
06-22-2012, 11:34 AM
If you have a large balance they don't have fees.

If you don't have a large balance, they don't want your business anyways.

odysseus
06-22-2012, 12:26 PM
If you have a large balance they don't have fees.

If you don't have a large balance, they don't want your business anyways.

Actually that is not really the real case. All the banks as a percentage of income already priced in profit to low balance customers. In fact in some case they can be a high profit center. The reason is just that, all those fees. Fees for lower balance, transactional fees for everything on low balance accounts. So they actually do like the business, but if you are trouble individually - they can do without you, individually. However as an aggregate, low balance customers are nicely profitable too in servicing.

For people shopping, look at regional and local AAA+ rated banks. Yes, even better credit ratings than the big banks. They offer much better service and less cost for average customers.

MontClaire
06-22-2012, 12:35 PM
You are not getting revenge on the bank by merely closing the account. What you should do is:

1. Leave a $1.00 in your free access checking account
2. Sign up for mailed by USPS statements each month

Now enjoy the bank wasting $$$ on paper, postage and man hours to keep your $1.00 account.

:thumbsup:

mif_slim
06-22-2012, 12:37 PM
We were on a tight budget during that time in our life and it sure sucks with the fee's. Luckly we got out and climbed out of that hole. No more fees but now we have to deal with plastic bank cards that breaks easy. HAHA...

252yft
06-22-2012, 1:30 PM
Go local and open an account with a Credit Union! We dumped BofA years ago.

Eric :cool:

What he said. It's some work looking for a small town bank that isn't in or could be in trouble. However, when the big banks go down, I know my money is fairly safe.

I hated standing in line with 20 other people in a bank which had a 6,000 square foot operation, but could only staff 2 tellers or what ever they title them now.

winnre
06-22-2012, 1:39 PM
I went with a tiny local bank. They got bought by Coast, who got bought my Home, who got bought by WAMU, who got bought by CHASE.

You can run but you can't hide.

IVC
06-22-2012, 7:18 PM
...could be construed as "Inciting a bank run"..... IIRC thats a felony....

Well, just make sure you don't use your guns to make the withdrawal and you should be fine :). On a serious note, the essence of capitalism is to vote with one's dollars.

mquejr
06-22-2012, 8:06 PM
You are not getting revenge on the bank by merely closing the account. What you should do is:

1. Leave a $1.00 in your free access checking account
2. Sign up for mailed by USPS statements each month

Now enjoy the bank wasting $$$ on paper, postage and man hours to keep your $1.00 account.

:thumbsup:

This! And when you get CC application in the mail, use their prepaid envelope and stuff it with junk mail from another bank and mail it off. Voila, your helping USPS as well. :D

NokSuCow
06-22-2012, 8:56 PM
How is USBANK? I don't pay a dime for my account as long as I setup an automatic transfer of $25 or more to savings once a month.

zerohour714
06-22-2012, 9:23 PM
Thanks for the post, never mind the fees they charge at every turn, Ban B of A!!!

Howie44
06-22-2012, 10:23 PM
I love Them. Since I'm their chief sparky, the economy never effects my paycheck. Now, ask me why I bank at Wells Fargo, haha!