PDA

View Full Version : Carry handle brands?

pingpong
06-21-2012, 2:12 PM
I'm looking to finally complete my AR build with a simple carry handle. I'm pretty sure the ones made by reputable companies (i.e. Colt, RRA, DPMS, etc.) are built to last and will probably hold a zero from now until the end of time, but they're all at least $100. Does anyone know of any quality handles that are cheaper? Doesn't necessarily have to be mil-spec quality, since I have no intentions on taking this into battle anytime soon, but I also don't want any of the Leapers or UTG airsoft crap.

Palmetto State Armory
06-21-2012, 2:17 PM
Our PSA carry handle is mil-spec and affordable.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/palmetto-state-armory-mil-spec-carry-handle.html
http://palmettostatearmory.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/1/9/1935.jpg
"Mil-Spec height carry handle for flat top AR-15, M16A4, M4, M4A1 rifles and carbines. Compatible with taller F marked front sight bases.
Machined from 7075T6 forgings, hard coat anodized, staked thumb screws, A2 aperature, 6/3 windage drums."

artoaster
06-21-2012, 2:41 PM
Be careful, there's a lot of junk people are saying are:

A. Mil-Spec
B. USGI
C. Colt

When they're not. Then threre are a few brands where the price is $25 to $35 or so and they are cheap versions.

anymoose
06-21-2012, 2:43 PM
As long as they aren't crap brands like you listed, they are pretty much all the same. Most of them have forge marks on them that tell you what company forged them. From the forge they go to the manufacturer (colt, dpms...) and they finish them up. I don't know what forgers make what for who, but just as an example you could have a carry handle from colt, and a carry handle from cmmg, and they could have the same stamp, be made in the same factory, with the only difference being how colt and cmmg finish them. You'll have the same metal, and the same cut and almost the same coating if finished to mil spec standards.

mreed
06-21-2012, 2:46 PM
someone selling a colt carry handle off their new colt m4 in marketplace for 50$, but it or i will lol.

deviljon
06-21-2012, 2:48 PM
Check the marketplace on here or the equipment exchange on ar15.com. I picked up a brand new STAG ARMS carry handle for less than $50 shipped, and always see Colt ones for ~$60 shipped.

Or just buy the one PSA carries (above).

Brown Rock
06-21-2012, 3:11 PM
someone selling a colt carry handle off their new colt m4 in marketplace for 50$, but it or i will lol.

I got my Colt carry handle (Anchor Harvey) for $25 shipped I think. Love the Calguns marketplace. :D

MrPlink
06-21-2012, 4:53 PM
Cary handles are easy and cheap enough used, if you must go new go with the PSA.