PDA

View Full Version : Remmy 700 Break in Ammo

indobos72
06-21-2012, 12:08 PM
About to break in my remmy 700. I am not looking for sub moa ammo. Just something decent to break her in and see what she can do. But don't want to break the bank either. Any help or info is appreciated.

Thanks,

Spdjunkie
06-21-2012, 12:20 PM
Caliber?

mif_slim
06-21-2012, 12:22 PM
About to break in my remmy 700. I am not looking for sub moa ammo. Just something decent to break her in and see what she can do. But don't want to break the bank either. Any help or info is appreciated.

Thanks,

This is what I wrote in another topic that is similar:

To break in a barrel?

1. Make sure your gun is unloaded and pointed in a safe direction
2. load your magazine
3. load mag into rifle
4. switch safety off and rack the slide
5. point at intended target and pull trigger
6. repeat until satisfied or you run out of ammo

for ammo, pick anything you feel is cheap and good enough.

indobos72
06-21-2012, 12:30 PM
Sorry, .308. Yeah, wasn't sure if some of the surplus ammo was any good. I know the lake stuff is used (As in by some shooters) and has some pretty good groupings. I was more like if this is a goto rifle I want to be able to hit something with whatever amo I can find. So I am not really interested in sub moa groupings. I just want to be able to take food or stop someone. May not be the best rifle choice, just the Socom will have to wait till more funds are available. ;)

-hanko
06-21-2012, 5:11 PM
Sorry, .308. Yeah, wasn't sure if some of the surplus ammo was any good. I know the lake stuff is used (As in by some shooters) and has some pretty good groupings. I was more like if this is a goto rifle I want to be able to hit something with whatever amo I can find. So I am not really interested in sub moa groupings. I just want to be able to take food or stop someone. May not be the best rifle choice, just the Socom will have to wait till more funds are available. ;)
Go with the cheapest. Assuming you actually believe a rifle has to be "broken in", remember that the rifle has no idea as to which ammo you start with.

-hanko

AeroEngi
06-21-2012, 5:35 PM
Get the cheapest copper-jacked ammo you can find and have fun.

Short Action Precision
06-21-2012, 6:23 PM
No "Break in" necessary. A lot of threads on this subject. Dont fall for the vodoo!! If you dont care about groups shoot whats cheapest. If you want good groups shoot Federal Gold Medal Match or roll your own.

stevec223
06-21-2012, 9:51 PM
buy the cheap win ,fed, or rem ammo to break in and keep the brass for your future reloads....dosent matter if your not going to start reloading in next 5 yrs....pick up everyone elses brass too...when you get to 1k double that plus...happy shooting...cheers.

Pryde
06-21-2012, 9:53 PM
No "Break in" necessary. A lot of threads on this subject. Dont fall for the vodoo!! If you dont care about groups shoot whats cheapest. If you want good groups shoot Federal Gold Medal Match or roll your own.

What he said.

indobos72
06-21-2012, 11:15 PM
Sweet!! Appreciate the heads up. Any good links to some cheap plinking ammo?

weber_2
06-22-2012, 1:21 AM
Try Walmart they have some cheap Federal SPs. Also Tulammo for like $8 bucks. I've shot it thru my R700 and Socom II without any issues.

AlliedArmory
06-22-2012, 3:38 AM
PMC, AE, Magtech etc etc. Doesn't really matter.

I never broke mine in and shot great out of the box.

Sooner or later this video will popup, so here it is.

TRRahHX9Zkg

PEZHEAD265
06-22-2012, 3:57 AM
Remember that different kinds of ammo has a different point of aim.In other words not all ammo shoots the same.I would geta brass cased ammo that shoots well in the gun and keep practicing with it.