View Full Version : Magpie sling
06-21-2012, 8:20 AM
Does any one know the difference between a real magpul sling and the fake chinese version the only reason I ask is because i want to buy a real one on ebay and not get a fake one thanks for your help.
06-21-2012, 9:51 AM
if it says PTS on it DONT BUY IT, the pts is their airsoft version
06-21-2012, 9:54 AM
wrong forum section
06-21-2012, 10:10 AM
Go to an authorized dealer or a vendor on Calguns. That is the best way to get an authentic product.
06-21-2012, 1:13 PM
--- Admin, please move this thread to the Accessories forum, please. ---
PM sent OP regarding fake Magpul.
I had to go through my own Real vs. Fake Magpul MS2 ordeal. Vendor acceptable the return and refunded my money. Even they didn't know.
Magpul MS2 OEM:
1. Nylon is slicker. Fake isn't as smooth - you'll notice right away when compared side by side.
2. The sling is a tubular piece of webbing, but the webbing is sewn together with stitching on left and right to prevent fraying. The Fake is just a tubular piece of nylon webbing.
3. Chain stitching near the adjustment pull. Fake doesn't have any chain stitching.
4. The "X" stitching is smaller on the OEM, the Fake is larger.
5. Hardware is heavier. It's brass. Fake is some lightweight alloy/potmetal/zinc.
6. Paint coating is smooth and even. Fake is uneven, blotchy, and rough.
7. Snap clasp/Lockjaw lock, locks up easily and pivots smoothly. Fake doesn't release easily (I had to shake it loose).
8. Solid rivet on the Snap Shackle Hook (the Lockjaw is a semi open rivet). Fake is a hollow rivet.
9. Snap Shackle Hook releases and opens when pulling the cord. Fake has to be pulled really hard to release.
10. Even the manual/documentation on the Fake is wrong. The wording is correct but the typeface and spacing is wrong.
Read this. Everything I found on the Fake, this person found the exact same things:
vBulletin® v3.8.9, Copyright ©2000-2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.