PDA

View Full Version : More fishing questions...

Hunter87
06-20-2012, 10:12 PM
I already posted that I'll be at Cherry Lake this weekend camping and [I]trying[I] to fish.

So I do have a book of regulations and have been reading but one reason I never got into fishing was all the rules seemed complicated to me. So here are my questions,

What is the daily limit for trout? Is it a mix bag of 5? Is there a possession limit (e.i. do I need to cook what I catch before I catch more)?

I've read there are Kokanee Salmon in the lake, can I fish those and whats the limit?

And lastly, I keep reading that white corn is a good bait, but is it legal?

Thanks guys, sorry for the newby questions.

Hunter87
06-20-2012, 11:05 PM
So the more I read it it seems like trout and salmon are the same bag, so 5 total.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

KWalkerM
06-20-2012, 11:24 PM
Bag limit is how many fish you may take a day, possession limit is how many fish you may possess, which can include fish from the day before etc. Check it out online about special restrictions on the lake. A trout is a Trout is a trout. Its all the same, brooks or rainbows etc. Kokes are probably going to have different rules. They are usually caught when fishing for rainbows and other trout etc so i woukd say dont seek them out intentionally. Im not a lake fishing kind of guy, just a fly fisherman in a stream mostly. Keep at it

ShooterDK
06-21-2012, 5:35 PM
Another way to find out area restrictions\limits is to ask locally... i.e bait store, other fishermen.

Gabadost
06-21-2012, 11:19 PM
I know for the ocean one can apply for multiday forms through DFG'S website. I don't know if this applies for freshwater. Don't be afraid to call DFG and ask, thats what we pay them for.