PDA

View Full Version : TIGR SVD DRAGUNOV 7.62x54r

KAIFS
06-20-2012, 8:34 PM
http://www.armslist.com/posts/441399/green-bay-wisconsin-rifles-for-sale--7-62x54r-svd-dragunov-sniper-package--with-accessories-

to CA gun experts: is above Tigr (aka Tiger) dragunov CA legal and if so, can it be shipped from a private party to a CA FFL (or whatever it is called)?

Thanks.

Chaos47
06-20-2012, 8:45 PM
SVD Dragunov is not on the lists as far as I see.

It would need to have a magazine lock, or be made featureless (fill in stock so its not a thumbhole and not have a flash hider)

KAIFS
06-20-2012, 9:03 PM
if the rifle ships from a gun-friendly state to CA, let say without any stock all together and without any magazines (or at lest not in the same box), does the seller still have to install a lock for the CA buyer or that particular configuration (basically a barreled receiver and internals, but without any accessories nor handguards nor buttstocks) or it will fly?

MrPlink
06-20-2012, 9:39 PM
Thats a tigr btw

Rekrab
06-20-2012, 11:01 PM
Is that a milled receiver?

Man, I wouldn't mind having that rifle. You would need to convince the seller to send it in with a maglock or without the butt stock attached. You'd also want to run it by your receiving FFL just in case.

JackRydden224
06-20-2012, 11:27 PM
It's funny. I'm looking for one of those as well.

I have not contacted a seller yet but I find it hard to believe that people who are selling a gun for $1,000 would refuse to spend a minute to install the maglock. Like everyone else said you probably would need to buy a maglock, send it to the seller and ask him/her to install it before shipping to your FFL.

It's like people selling $5000 gun but refuse to cover for DROS :facepalm:

KAIFS
06-21-2012, 4:50 AM
its funny, because I AM THE SELLER :).
my FFl does NOT ship to CA, so I am trying to figure out if it would be worth listing here and how to do it if so. I hate to drill some holes for mag lock if that what it absolutely takes.

I was thinking to ship it in two packages (one to the FFL basically with METAL body), another package directly to the buyer with all the furniture (including butt stocks), mags, accessories.... That way FFL basically is getting a 'disassembled' barreled receiver +parts and such WITHOUT any mags/furniture/scope/etc...

KAIFS
06-21-2012, 4:52 AM
Is that a milled receiver?

Man, I wouldn't mind having that rifle. You would need to convince the seller to send it in with a maglock or without the butt stock attached. You'd also want to run it by your receiving FFL just in case.

Yes sir, it is milled and heavy duty item. even the scope rail is milled vs stamped and riveted.

enjoy http://s1016.photobucket.com/albums/...view=slideshow

bob7122
06-21-2012, 5:34 AM
its funny, because I AM THE SELLER :).
my FFl does NOT ship to CA, so I am trying to figure out if it would be worth listing here and how to do it if so. I hate to drill some holes for mag lock if that what it absolutely takes.

I was thinking to ship it in two packages (one to the FFL basically with METAL body), another package directly to the buyer with all the furniture (including butt stocks), mags, accessories.... That way FFL basically is getting a 'disassembled' barreled receiver +parts and such WITHOUT any mags/furniture/scope/etc...

no drilling just screw it on.

http://www.solartactical.com/SOLAR-TACTICAL-GEN-2-AK-MAGAZINE-LOCK-124.htm?productId=24

pretty inexpensive btw less than $50.

BucDan
06-21-2012, 5:36 AM
Should be perfectly fine to ship the rifle here to a FFL without the stock attached and not have to worry about the mag lock. I'd hate to drill holes into that!

You can do one to the ffl without the stock attached, unless you worry of the ffl stealing accessories

BucDan
06-21-2012, 5:38 AM
Bob, the mag release ok the tigr isn't near the trigger guard.

PEZHEAD265
06-21-2012, 5:39 AM
It's funny. I'm looking for one of those as well.

I have not contacted a seller yet but I find it hard to believe that people who are selling a gun for $1,000 would refuse to spend a minute to install the maglock. Like everyone else said you probably would need to buy a maglock, send it to the seller and ask him/her to install it before shipping to your FFL.

It's like people selling $5000 gun but refuse to cover for DROS :facepalm:

Do you think he will pay the DROS??Look at his conditions A 5000 firm!!!

bob7122
06-21-2012, 5:45 AM
Bob, the mag release ok the tigr isn't near the trigger guard.

why not use part of the mag lock and either locktite it or some other type of glue that is heat resistant and strong?

BucDan
06-21-2012, 5:51 AM
Dunno. But you can also extend the length of the plate to reach the trigger guard too. Of course it will need some welding.

KAIFS
06-21-2012, 6:01 AM
Do you think he will pay the DROS??Look at his conditions A 5000 firm!!!

I can be flexible to guy/gals here :)

KAIFS
06-21-2012, 6:14 AM
Also, can a private party (me) ship to CA FFL considering i do not have CA DOJ thing?

zfields
06-21-2012, 6:21 AM
a CA DOJ thing?

Yes a private party can ship to a CA FFL.

m03
06-21-2012, 6:24 AM
Yes a private party can ship to a CA FFL.

+1

I've bought two rifles from out-of-state private sellers this year...both shipped straight to my FFL.

This may work for a mag lock...might require a bit of modification to the maglock itself first:

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/839154/prince-50-designs-bullet-button-magazine-release-assembly-ak-47-saiga

KAIFS
06-21-2012, 6:25 AM
Can myself (private party; don't have CA Doj certification) ship to FFL in CA? Or does it have to be WI Ffl to CA FFL?

Also, if someone is truly interested in buying it, PM me and we can figure it out as far as price and consideration for dros fees, etc.

m03
06-21-2012, 6:27 AM
Can myself (private party; don't have CA Doj certification) ship to FFL in CA?

Yes, depending on the laws in your state. No California laws prevent this.

Or does it have to be WI Ffl to CA FFL?

See above.

zfields
06-21-2012, 6:28 AM
Can myself (private party; don't have CA Doj certification) ship to FFL in CA? Or does it have to be WI Ffl to CA FFL?

Also, if someone is truly interested in buying it, PM me and we can figure it out as far as price and consideration for dros fees, etc.

Yes, as a private party you can ship to a CA FFL. Usually they will want a copy of your DL in the package also. Also be sure to put a bullet button on it, or make it a featureless rifle before shipping.

I've sold a couple rifles to CA residents since moving.

KAIFS
06-21-2012, 6:28 AM
Private to ffl answered, thanks.
I guess now i just wait for pm or post in for sale forum.

Thanks all

problemchild
06-21-2012, 5:11 PM
My best friend had one of the Tigers when they first came out. We went to the range and he shot sub 1/2 inch with some (I think ) match 54r ammo. He later had a custom SVD longer barrel made for it and tracked down a guy who would custom make the stock. He wanted to make it look like and SVD. The Tiger he had I believe was made in Russia not china. I think he paid 800-1000 for it or darned close to that new. That was back in the day when a REAL AK-47 paratrooper was 139 dollars.

I always liked the SVD's looks.

KAIFS
06-21-2012, 6:08 PM
its a great shooter and rifle in general, hate to part with it, but...
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=586576

BucDan
06-21-2012, 7:01 PM
Gahh... so nice! Will you accept down payments from a college student? :D

Good luck with the deal, I hope it finds a great owner in a good home that will respect it and not trash it.