PDA

View Full Version : IT Jobs: Network Engineer, IT Director, Oracle Middleware engineer

jmlivingston
06-20-2012, 8:56 PM
My employer is looking to hire 3 people in our IT department. These positions are for a publicly traded semiconductor manufacturer in Orange County that is leading the way in designing and manufacturing 10 Gigabit Enhanced Ethernet products, we have operations internationally as well as multiple chip design centers across the US.

First one is a mid-level Network Admin/Engineer with background in Cisco route/switch as well as some basic Callmanager administration. Candidate should have around 4 years of background doing LAN and WAN support.

Second is for an IT Director of Engineering Systems and Support with background in EDA (Electronic Design Automation) tools, Engineering governance, and department level budgeting.

Third position is on our application team for an Oracle middleware person doing Fusion support/implementation.

If you're interested contact me via PM.

John

jmlivingston
06-25-2012, 9:08 AM
Both positions still open.

A little more information on our environment:

On the network we are nearly all Cisco. We run 6500 VSS switches in our primary data center along with some Nexus switches, and 6500's in our IDF closets. At our design centers we use a variety of 4500's and 3750 stacks. We run dual carriers for MPLS WAN access with internet VPN failover and all routing is BGP (both internal and external). Our voice environment is all Cisco with 3 CallManager clusters (US, EMEA, APAC). Of course we have WLAN's, WAN Optimization, VPN's, Firewalls, lots of QoS, and routing policies in place. If you're a Cisco network guy with a few years of experience this is a great place to step into and up your knowledge.

Can't provide a lot more information on the Director slot, except that it does oversee Unix and Storage teams. Most of our Unix is Red Hat Enterprise, much of it running on blade chassis backed with NetApp storage. Lots of interaction and coordination with the Sr. Leadership (i.e. VP's, Directors, Program Managers, etc) of our various engineering development teams.

bigmike82
06-25-2012, 9:29 PM
Damn, those are kick *** opportunities. I hope one of you tech Calgunners takes advantage.

Costa Mesa? I'm tempted...but damn that'd be a commute. ;)

jmlivingston
06-25-2012, 10:27 PM
Damn, those are kick *** opportunities. I hope one of you tech Calgunners takes advantage.

Me too! Yes, these are some pretty awesome opportunities. There are 3 of us on the Network Team including the open slot. The open slot is for someone with a couple years of experience ready to take over the daily run/maintain coverage of the LAN/WAN with some occasional project work. The two of us onboard are pretty senior, we've both been in IT for well over 15 years each and need to get focused on our special projects. Really hoping somebody can step up here, I've only had a single inquiry so far and that was for the Network position but the resume I received was more Windows oriented. I need an IOS guy that wants to learn more and isn't afraid to ask questions, but can also hit the ground running.

As for the Director position, last guy went to be a CIO somewhere else.......

John

jmlivingston
07-04-2012, 1:54 PM
Bump!

jmlivingston
07-09-2012, 6:22 AM
btt

jmlivingston
07-13-2012, 11:20 AM
Added a new position for an Oracle Middleware (Fusion) engineer and edited the thread title to reflect that. All three positions are now posted online, follow the links for more information.

Network Engineer: http://bit.ly/Lltljl

Sr. IT Director:http://bit.ly/Lf0okh

Oracle Fusion Middleware: http://bit.ly/Nmn8TP

Since we do have a referral program if you want to apply please let me know first.

John

thrasherfox
07-13-2012, 11:49 AM
I have been involved in DoD information Security for over 15 years. if a job like that pops up and pays good I would possibly consider it.

jmlivingston
07-15-2012, 3:13 PM
Bumpity-bump-bump.

BakerPD
07-17-2012, 11:32 PM
Any need for an entry level IT guy. Just graduated from Data Training Section in 29 Palms we worked with Cisco switches and routers. I'm trying to find work in the IT field.

jmlivingston
07-19-2012, 6:23 AM
Any need for an entry level IT guy. Just graduated from Data Training Section in 29 Palms we worked with Cisco switches and routers. I'm trying to find work in the IT field.

Not at this time. It's not often we bring in somebody with not experience, though we have had summer interns in the past. This year we have connected with UCI and their business school, so interns will be IT professionals working on their MBA.

TacFan
07-28-2012, 12:00 PM
I may be interested. I'm not a director right now but I am a project manager / senior technical lead analyst in our IT engineering group for an aerospace company that uses Proe/teamcenter/pdmlink. I have also been a software engineer for our group building aerospace engine analysis software as well as developing in sharepoint.

I have no limits and tend to perform really well at my job all the time. My boss loves me Do you believe I have a chance for that director position ?