PDA

View Full Version : KSG owners , stop selling them , shoot them !!!!

lockpicker70
06-20-2012, 7:13 PM
Why is that 99 0/0 of the owners just want to resale them for a profit as oppossed to shooting their guns ???? they paid 800.00 or so for it & got theirs 1st . Whoopie !!!

I want to know whats wrong with the gun . Kel tec took the Nuespeed & re enginered it & are selling it here .

Since NO ONE is shooting the S**T out of them , how do we / you know they are worth it ?

Yes I saw someone actually shot his gun .And he said screw all of you " Calgunners " and got it of GB for 1600.00 + . Are not most on Calguns 2k?

If you have one , shot the **** out of it ( 1k rds ) . If it breaks or sucks , pass the info along .

Thank you .

A D**K***D that does not care

Turo
06-20-2012, 7:18 PM
Let's see if we can find the reason people are choosing to sell a gun they bought for $800 that people are begging them to sell for $1500-$2000. Hmmm, I can't seem to think of twelve hundred reasons they would sell a gun that they can easily buy another of in the future for half of what they sold theirs for.

Anybody else got any ideas? I'm stumped.

alfred1222
06-20-2012, 7:20 PM
Here's a good video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=0XGB8TVyPk0

stkcode
06-20-2012, 8:50 PM
It's just a hype. When the hype is in full swing, people cash in on it. Nothing really new.

Richard Erichsen
06-21-2012, 8:11 AM
...Kel tec took the Nuespeed & re enginered it & are selling it here .

I think you meant Neostead NS2000 (South African). The action bears little in common with the KSG, the only thing that really seems similar is the dual tubes and the bullpup configuration. I think Neostead may have placed the mag tube switch in a better location, but until someone who owns a KSG can confirm, that's all speculation.

R

Richard Erichsen
06-21-2012, 8:17 AM
Here's a good video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=0XGB8TVyPk0

Hmm. Where have I heard this one before - Saiga 12 was the only one that actually worked without issues and cost a fair bit less than ALL the others. You could probably buy 3 Saiga 12s for what the Red Jacket cost, or the secondary market price for the KSG. ;)

R

compulsivegunbuyer
06-21-2012, 8:28 AM
I'll keep my M4.

DarkSoul
06-21-2012, 8:40 AM
As production catches up with demand, the people selling off theirs will drop. Its like this for all new hot trendy items, look at video game systems, a friend of mine years back waited in line for the Xbox whatever, waited for like a day and a half, bought 2, and paid another kid to wait in line with him to buy 2 more. Paid like $400 each for them, and turned them over on eBay almost instantly for $1000 each. If people are willing to buy into the hype... then they are going to have to pay for it.

ICONIC
06-21-2012, 8:43 AM
supply vs. demand, its all economics.

Glock2693
06-30-2012, 9:49 AM
Own it. Shot it. Love it!

RangerJoe
06-30-2012, 10:45 AM
I'll wait for the Ruger version of the KSG...

shooting4life
06-30-2012, 11:27 AM
I'll buy one when it gets down to msrp.

Quiet
06-30-2012, 12:47 PM
I'll buy one when it gets down to msrp.

:iagree:

SilverTauron
06-30-2012, 1:46 PM
New firearms seem to generate this kind of syndrome. Ive only been shooting about a year and change and already im used to the idea of waiting years before buying a "new" product.

In 5 years ill probably wind up buying a used KSG and Ruger SR1911 for $1000 combined, so let the hype machine run its course. In the meantime ill shoot my other pieces.

Gryff
06-30-2012, 3:13 PM
I'm just laughing that anyone would spend >$1000 for a Kel-Tec product. Isn't that like paying >$50,000 for a Hyundai just because there aren't many on the market yet?

P.W.
06-30-2012, 3:43 PM
How about we mind our business when it comes to whether the owners of the KSG want to shoot them or sell them for profit. Capitalism is a wonderful thing, if your so worried about them not shooting the shotguns, Go buy one yourself and make up for the others being sold for profit instead of being used.

Gryff
06-30-2012, 4:00 PM
How about we mind our business when it comes to whether the owners of the KSG want to shoot them or sell them for profit. Capitalism is a wonderful thing, if your so worried about them not shooting the shotguns, Go buy one yourself and make up for the others being sold for profit instead of being used.

Without market response, there is no capitalism. We are the market, and stifling our commentary is a direct antithesis to capitalism.

Grumpyoldretiredcop
06-30-2012, 5:56 PM
I'll buy one once they get down below MSRP. In the meantime, I laugh at the hype sellers, best of luck to them!

@P.W. - Hype sellers are perfectly free to post their overpriced shotguns. I'm perfectly free to laugh at them.. and I do. You may feel free to MYOB about my laughter... or not, as you please. Doesn't bother or affect me either way.

k1dude
06-30-2012, 7:47 PM
I'm a fan of Kel-Tec, but there's been a few reports of the poly pump handle breaking off or something like that. It sounds like it still needs a little work. If they'd come out with a semi-auto version I'd be all over that.

P.W.
07-01-2012, 1:42 PM
Without market response, there is no capitalism. We are the market, and stifling our commentary is a direct antithesis to capitalism.

A product is worth what someone will pay for it which may be MSRP or 200% over MSRP. There is just not one "Market" but a group of sub-markets segregated on what the Buyers Max would be. The "Market" seems to be tolerating the so called "Hype" pricing just as it does with other weapon systems. All I'm saying is others should stop worrying about whether others decide to sell their property for a profit or use it. I'm not trying to stifle anyone's commentary and you are all free to laugh at whatever you please.