PDA

View Full Version : OK..I have decided to scope my M1a

cqbdude
06-20-2012, 11:14 AM
I have been going back and forth with shooting the M1a with iron sights or installing a scope. Last night I decided to install a scope..

I have a question for you experts here on Calguns.

I already have a Smith Enterprise scope mount for it and I wanted to use a scope I already have on hand.

It's a 3rd gen Springfield Armory 4-14x 56mm scope..

Im looking for scope rings that will keep it as low as possible but not touch the rifle with the 56mm objective.

Anyone use this mount/scope combo? Need good scope rings to use..

I read the SEI manual on how to install the scope mount, what does everyone use to keep the mount level? Just use a bubble level?

Thank You in advance for any help..

damon1272
06-20-2012, 12:04 PM
Use a bubble level for the rifle but you also have a level in the scope. IIRC I used leupold med. Height rings. I have the same set up and it works great. That scope is a great scope and good optic. The earlier scopes had issues but the 3rd gen was good to go.

damon1272
06-20-2012, 12:05 PM
Scrach that they are high rings.

cqbdude
06-20-2012, 3:27 PM
Use a bubble level for the rifle but you also have a level in the scope. IIRC I used leupold med. Height rings. I have the same set up and it works great. That scope is a great scope and good optic. The earlier scopes had issues but the 3rd gen was good to go.

I'm actually pleasantly surprise that this scope is FFP.
I've had it for a long time, but have not been using it cause of the huge 56mm objective.
I'm hoping I will be able to use it on my M1A.

Do you have a Smith Enterprise mount as well?

BTW thanks for your post..