PDA

View Full Version : better scope for savage axis .308

ohnozombeez
06-19-2012, 8:07 PM
Hi all.....after trying to figure out what bolt action rifle to purchase and havin issues getting a trade with another certain bolt action, I decided to go the beginner route.....I am in the middle of purchasing a new savage axis chambered in .308. I hear its not bad as a beginner. It comes with a bushnell scope, however I dont know the specs on the scope. I know Ill be planning on throwing a bipod on her and a better scope. With that said, I was hopin you guys can suggest what scope to purchase in the 300-400 dollar range. Of course I will go to a better rifle in the future and would probably be movin the scope and bipod with it. The purpose of this rifle is to see how far I can shoot her and get decent groupings. Im not a sniper nor a hunter, and go to the range often. Thanks!!

Iloveguns
06-19-2012, 9:47 PM
SWFA Super Sniper fixed 16x at that price range. Make sure you get the one with Mil knobs to match the reticle. That will be more then adequate for anything out to 1k for you.

Divernhunter
06-19-2012, 9:59 PM
Redfield/Leupold/one of the better Weaver scopes. Look for a 3X9 or 4X12 or 4X14 or 6X18 power. I would suggest not getting a 5omm OB as it makes your cheek weld become too high.

ohnozombeez
06-20-2012, 8:37 AM
I'll check into all those....I have heard about the Leupolds having awesome warrantys as well.

Divernhunter
06-20-2012, 11:57 AM
Leupold and Redfield are both made by Leupold and have the best warr---that is if you ever need it.