PDA

View Full Version : Prado Shooting Range

DOUG T.
05-19-2007, 10:34 PM
I Went Out There Friday For The First Time.didnt Seem To Bad,but Kind Of Run Down.

ibanezfoo
05-20-2007, 12:21 PM
Did you shoot shotguns or go to the pistol ranges? I like the shotgun area... the pistol area would be nice if the ROs weren't such super Nazis.

-Bryan

DOUG T.
05-20-2007, 1:47 PM
Sorry For Not Giving More Details.i Was At The Pistol Range.it Looked Like They Are Using The Place As A Storage Area,cars,car Parts, Empty Lockers That Looks Like They Havent Been Touched In Years.the Shooting Area I Was At,they Had Old Wooden Beams Stacked Up Along The Side Of The Range.the Ro Was Pretty Nice And Informative.there Was A Lot Of Police Officers There.i Didnt See The Whole Area.one Thing I Didnt Like Was The Distance To The Target Is Fixed.at A" Place To Shoot" Near ,near Magic Mountain You Can Move The Targets To Any Distance During Line Breaks.

Cazach
05-22-2007, 6:52 AM
All of those things are props for the IDPA matches that they have there. They RO's come up with some pretty interesting scenarios. :D

rorschach
05-24-2007, 5:38 PM
I Used To Shoot IDPA Matches There A Few Years Ago. Havent Been In A While.

I Would Rather Deal With The Range Nazi's At Prado Than Some Of The Grammar Nazi's On Calguns.

:80:

CaliGunOwner
06-07-2007, 1:16 PM
Prado ownership need to invest some $$ back into the place --ie. bringing back long gun range, rehabbing pistol side -- the shotgun end seems okay for now.
I had heard rumor of a new facility in the area...I wonder if that is why Prado has not seen any improvements

ocabj
06-07-2007, 1:24 PM
Did Prado ever have a "long gun range" besides the rimfire range? I was under the assumption that the Prado facility was built for the 1984 Olympic Summer Games and those events were primarily air and rimfire.

chucks
06-07-2007, 5:04 PM
There may be some hesitation to do major improvements there. Check out the attached file showing the pistol range in Feb, 2005. I shoot the Prado IPSC match there on the third Sunday of the month. It's a fun match. Jimmy and Dale may get grouchy every now and then but they are hardly Nazis. They just have some range safety rules that they have to enforce.

Later,
Chuck

brassburnz
06-07-2007, 5:59 PM
Nice looking fishing hole!

Randy

There may be some hesitation to do major improvements there. Check out the attached file showing the pistol range in Feb, 2005. I shoot the Prado IPSC match there on the third Sunday of the month. It's a fun match. Jimmy and Dale may get grouchy every now and then but they are hardly Nazis. They just have some range safety rules that they have to enforce.

Later,
Chuck

mark3lb
06-18-2007, 7:43 AM
Did you shoot shotguns or go to the pistol ranges? I like the shotgun area... the pistol area would be nice if the ROs weren't such super Nazis.

-Bryan

This is why it's worth just going to the desert. Safety is number one, but sometimes all the rules and range BS can be a total drag, especially with range masters on power trips. In the desert, you can rapid fire and do whatever you want (within reason and safe gun handling of course) and there isn't some assclown on a PA system barking at you.