PDA

View Full Version : mossberg 100atr any opinions?

pure performance
06-18-2012, 9:58 PM
Looking into getting the mossberg 100atr in 30.06 for a cheap brush gun. I've been reading a lot of reviews but am getting a lot of mixed opinions. Anyone own one or have any range time on one. Found one at a local shop for 325 out the door. What are your opinions or recommendations?

p2rider426
06-19-2012, 10:09 AM
Looking into getting the mossberg 100atr in 30.06 for a cheap brush gun. I've been reading a lot of reviews but am getting a lot of mixed opinions. Anyone own one or have any range time on one. Found one at a local shop for 325 out the door. What are your opinions or recommendations?

My friend has one and it's a pretty darn sweet rifle. The barrel profile is super light weight so don't expect to do much bench shooting with it. It starts to string groups vertically after a handful of shots because it heats up so quickly. It is pretty accurate though with a cold barrel. Nice and light weight with a durable finish, it's a perfect hiking gun.

xibunkrlilkidsx
06-19-2012, 5:14 PM
Friend has one in .30-06. it's a brush gun, its not the prettiest, most accurate rifle. But for a brush/hunting gun it works.

Divernhunter
06-19-2012, 8:53 PM
Spoke with several people at the range who had them. All of them liked them and they shot well.