PDA

View Full Version : Change my stock, or buy a new gun?

locosway
06-18-2012, 9:58 PM
I need to replace the Accustock on my Savage 10 FCP-K. The options are very limited, and it's looking like a B&C would be my best bet, but I'd have to do a lot of modifications to the stock to get the mag release working.

Options are to sell the Savage and go to a Rem 700. Only problem is my Savage is more accurate out of the box than a Rem 700.

The other issue I'm having with the Savage is the bolt locks up so tight I can't run it without the rifle moving all over. I haven't researched this issue yet, but the 700's seem to have a ton more parts to help correct this.

Opinions?

WDE91
06-18-2012, 10:14 PM
Remington has got the backing and nod from the aftermarket
Savage it is extrememly limited

TheHammerOfTruth
06-18-2012, 10:19 PM
Why do you need to replace your Acustock?

Short Action Precision
06-18-2012, 10:20 PM
The other issue I'm having with the Savage is the bolt locks up so tight I can't run it without the rifle moving all over.
Opinions?

Seen this way to many times to recommend a savage.

nn3453
06-18-2012, 10:21 PM
Go with a Stockade stock. Best stock for a Savage that I've purchased.

locosway
06-18-2012, 10:24 PM
Why do you need to replace your Acustock?

The comb is too skinny, which I suppose a cheek pad would help, and if that was the only issue then I'd go with it.

The other issue is the ergos of the monte carlo style stock. I just don't care for them when shooting prone or from a bench. I would rather have something closer to a pistol grip.

Seen this way to many times to recommend a savage.

Well, the rifle is excellent. Very accurate, and well built. The issues I've run across are most likely because I'm not looking for a hunting rifle, which is why I went with the Law Enforcement line of Savage. I love the features it has, but the aftermarket isn't there, which I'm starting to think is going to hinder me.