PDA

View Full Version : Looking to get a FAL kit suggestion please

oldfartdiehard
06-18-2012, 2:47 PM
This gonna be my first rifle, I been lurking around in the market section for some deals but not many being offered for sale. I've decided to build one from a parts kit. Any suggestion of which one to go with and any local shop around here selling the kit?

tiger222
06-18-2012, 8:40 PM
check the falfiles, that is your first and best resource. you just missed the last of NOS argentines being sold by SARCO by 9 months or so (so did I!) there are kits out there, get the one you like the most, and a good reciever to match. get as minty as possible, and with matching numbers if you can.

oldfartdiehard
06-19-2012, 9:32 AM
check the falfiles, that is your first and best resource. you just missed the last of NOS argentines being sold by SARCO by 9 months or so (so did I!) there are kits out there, get the one you like the most, and a good reciever to match. get as minty as possible, and with matching numbers if you can.

I been waiting for several weeks for my acct to get activated at falfiles, so far all I can do is browse. But I found this site locally that sell both the kit and the a new rifle. Price are pretty good, Imbel kit 329 and another for 429 finished. I wonder what they mean by finished, what do you guys think?

http://www.entreprise.com/ImbelKits.htm

Sicarius
06-19-2012, 9:44 AM
What is your budget? For a build, you figure 4-500 on a DSA or Imbel receiver(which are the only ones I would go with), 200ish for 922 compliance parts, tooling can run you 200ish for a complete set and 4-700 for a kit. This is no cheap build but extremely rewarding. It doesn't feel like putting together a lego kit like the ar. As for kits, Imbel makes a good kit but I would suggest a matching STG(steyr) kit. The STG is top tier and the machining and materials they use is great. Falfiles is the place and the people there are a wealth of knowledge.
Kevin

Sicarius
06-19-2012, 9:46 AM
Finished means that they probably reparked it.
Kevin

oldfartdiehard
06-19-2012, 10:54 AM
What is your budget? For a build, you figure 4-500 on a DSA or Imbel receiver(which are the only ones I would go with), 200ish for 922 compliance parts, tooling can run you 200ish for a complete set and 4-700 for a kit. This is no cheap build but extremely rewarding. It doesn't feel like putting together a lego kit like the ar. As for kits, Imbel makes a good kit but I would suggest a matching STG(steyr) kit. The STG is top tier and the machining and materials they use is great. Falfiles is the place and the people there are a wealth of knowledge.
Kevin

my budget is around 1300 for the build +- a buck or two. I found a few kits online that sells from 429-550, one from gunthings for 500, sarco at 550 and the one from enterprise for 429. Your right about parts being parkerize already. their new rifle are around a grand which is well bellow my budget that's something I'm also considering since I havent purchase the receiver yet.

-hanko
06-19-2012, 10:58 AM
I been waiting for several weeks for my acct to get activated at falfiles, so far all I can do is browse. But I found this site locally that sell both the kit and the a new rifle. Price are pretty good, Imbel kit 329 and another for 429 finished. I wonder what they mean by finished, what do you guys think?

http://www.entreprise.com/ImbelKits.htm
To beat a dead horse, the FAL Files is really where you need to be for that rifle, like the technical sections of arfcom if you're interested in AR's.;)

To beat a second dead horse, I strongly recommend you do your homework on the FAL Files in re: Entreprise...over very many years, not a particularly good rep on their FAL's (both their receivers and finished weapons) with the general vibe like a Century gun...if you get one that works it should keep on working but many do not work from the git-go.

Keep in mind you're building a gun that will be worth a lot of money when you're done, so i'd suggest paying now for the best parts you can find. FAL's are not a dime-a-dozen like AR's and actually building them does take a bit of FAL-specific tooling...I cringe when I hear about AR "builds" as putting one together from parts can be done by anyone who can read in an hour or so. ;)

For the ultimate build, check out Mark Graham at Arizona Response Systems.

hth, and pm me if you need more.

-hanko

1911su16b870
06-19-2012, 2:09 PM
IMO putting FALs together and then making that rifle run are two different endeavors.

thedrickel
06-19-2012, 2:43 PM
If you're local to Entreprise, just go there and buy one. If it doesn't work, they will fix it, and it won't be a huge hassle since you won't have to ship it.

Munny$hot
06-19-2012, 2:49 PM
Putting a FAL isn't difficult at all and as far as tools needed are a long wrench/short with a long bar, some circular 4" sanding disk to time the barrel, a bench vise and a receiver block and a go/no go gauge for the locking shoulder. Imbel/Dsa receiver on a STG kit is the best for the money. Fals are about the same build difficulty as an ar. You see good builds pop up in the for sale threads every other month or so for a decent price for almost the same cost as building one yourself

Coolguy101
06-19-2012, 3:15 PM
I think the OP just wants to be able to get his hands on a kit in person and look at it, which is pretty hard to find in local gunshops.

For buying a kit, there is nothing wrong with Entreprise. The kits are original manufacture from Brazil, and Enterprise can't mess that up. Just make sure you inspect the kit before you leave and make sure that its in decent condition and isn't missing any parts.

As far as picking a receiver and assembly goes, thats a whole different story.

oldfartdiehard
06-19-2012, 4:14 PM
thanks for all the input all are very helpful. I've narrowed down the two kit that I'm considering, Argentine and the FN G1 which I believe is a close resemblance to the ausie stg58 with a wood furniture. My falfiles acct was just been activated so I can post and search the that site.
thank so much.

-hanko
06-19-2012, 5:06 PM
thanks for all the input all are very helpful. I've narrowed down the two kit that I'm considering, Argentine and the FN G1 which I believe is a close resemblance to the ausie stg58 with a wood furniture. My falfiles acct was just been activated so I can post and search the that site.
thank so much.
Guard your AMEX card...FAL's can be far more addictive than AR's. OTOH, they're a lot more fun to shoot. When you really want to reach out...etc.;)

-hanko

Joe Bishop
07-01-2012, 6:59 PM
Go to DSA website take your pick calif compliant rifles. Atlantic Firearms had DSA Imbel rifles for $995 last year, might be less this year. Thats a steal.