PDA

View Full Version : Magpul MS3 Slider is backwards.

XDshooter
06-18-2012, 1:58 PM
Anyone else agree?

Magpul Slider - Back to shorten, Forward to lengthen.

Should be Forward to shorten, Back to lengthen.

fcr
06-18-2012, 2:03 PM
I have to agree, it doesn't feel correct to me. I thought it was because of me being a Left hander.

EvolutionGSR
06-18-2012, 6:55 PM
Feels fine to me. Word it this way and it sounds normal - pull up/toward you to tighten, pull down/away from you to loosesn.

RobGR
06-18-2012, 9:56 PM
Feels fine to me. Word it this way and it sounds normal - pull up/toward you to tighten, pull down/away from you to loosesn.

+1

Love it on my AK btw. Had it on my AR but now it's found a new home.

XDshooter
06-19-2012, 2:10 AM

When you say it that way it works so much better. I'm gonna be a 3-gun champ now. Glad we got the wording straightened out.

XDshooter
06-21-2012, 4:42 PM
Someone else must be thinking the same thing. The Ares Armor Huskey Amentum Slider sling has it right. So does the Viking Tactics sling.

My letter to Magpul
Dear Magpul,

Please make a new version of your sling, the MS4, with the slider opposite you have now.

Forward to shorten, Back to lengthen.

Regards,
Customer

fcr
06-22-2012, 8:13 PM
It is opposite to my Blue force slings, that is why it feels different.

anymoose
06-22-2012, 9:05 PM
I think it's forward to loosen because if it needs to be taken off by a medic in an emergency they just pull it and throw the rifle over you.

Or does it have a QD?

XDshooter
06-24-2012, 10:07 AM
I think it's forward to loosen because if it needs to be taken off by a medic in an emergency they just pull it and throw the rifle over you.

Or does it have a QD?

I hope that's not what they were thinking. Fail big time. The usefulness of a sling needs to be to the rifle operator 100%. In an emergency, a sling can be simply cut off faster than loosening it.