PDA

View Full Version : FS 2000 CA Compliant

enrico
06-18-2012, 12:48 PM
Hi all, just move to Cali :cowboy:

Wanted to ask which is the better product for my FNH FS-2000 conversion, the ASSAULT PLANT KIT or the REDDLOCK from your experiance. I have a muzzle brake to make it over 30" long it's the mag release I am not sure of. The cost is irrelevant I want something that is not a POS. If a thread has been created for this please send the link - much appreciate !

Enrico

http://www.parallaxtactical.com/store/ca-compliance-products-2/fn-fs2000-113/

luchador768
06-18-2012, 1:21 PM
If you already have a muzzle device that's an actual brake, not FH and your over 30 inches, why not go featureless?

enrico
06-18-2012, 2:08 PM
If you already have a muzzle device that's an actual brake, not FH and your over 30 inches, why not go featureless?

Interesting!

I thought its not just the length that needs to comply but that you have to have a tool to remove the mag. AND I have a feeling that I do not understand the term featureless?
The muzzle break is a longer version than the one on the riffle making it longer than 30" its from MFI

http://mfiap.com/i-7832436-mfi-california-legal-30-oal-fn-fs2000-muzzle-brake.html

Thanks for helping!

JDW67
06-18-2012, 2:43 PM
You're also going to need this:

http://www.solartactical.com/FN-FS2000-KYDEX-FEATURELESS-GRIP-936.htm

luchador768
06-18-2012, 2:43 PM
You can't have "evil features" on a featureless. The VFG is an evil feature as well as the pistol grip/thumb hole stock. Solar Tactical makes a piece that fills in the thumb hole. This allows you to use the mag release. Your still stuck with 10 round mags unless you had them in CA prior to 2000.

BHPFan
06-18-2012, 4:15 PM

+1

:iagree:

enrico
06-18-2012, 7:35 PM
So the choices are:

1) muzzle breake with Solar tech cover
2) muzzle break, mag release tool AND the Solar tech cover?
This thing is turning into a camel aaaaaaah!

Bartin
06-18-2012, 7:42 PM
So the choices are:

1) muzzle breake with Solar tech cover
2) muzzle break, mag release tool AND the Solar tech cover?
This thing is turning into a camel aaaaaaah!

choices are:
1) Muzzle Brake (putting the rifle over 30", can't be a Flash Hider), Solar Tac Thumbhole Fill and No Vertical Grip
2) Muzzle Brake or Flash Hider or Fake Can (only to get over 30") and magazine lock that only allows the magazine to be removed by tool

as far as the conversion kits, I believe the Raddlock lets you use a tool on either of the releases where the assault planet only lets you use a tool on the side release

enrico
06-18-2012, 10:15 PM
Bartin,

That's it just the two parts, to make it over 30" and a mag lock tool from Reddlock. The use of the thumb hole filler by Solar-tech is an alternate option if you do not want to use a mag release tool like the Reddlock!

Prince50
06-19-2012, 7:32 AM
Our kit allows the bottom mag button to be reactivated in just a few moments. with just a screwdriver, but you can drop mags with a tool when in California. it also includes a muzzle extender that looks like a silencer.

Nice setup, and no permanent changes to the firearm.

Check it out on our site and then order from your favorite dealer.

Thanks

Darin

enrico
06-19-2012, 11:21 AM
Our kit allows the bottom mag button to be reactivated in just a few moments. with just a screwdriver, but you can drop mags with a tool when in California. it also includes a muzzle extender that looks like a silencer.

Nice setup, and no permanent changes to the firearm.

Check it out on our site and then order from your favorite dealer.

Thanks

Darin

Thanks Darin,

I looked at your site and sent you an e-mail asking for pictures of the fake can and buttonbullet becasue your website does ont have actual pictures and instructions to see how hard it is to modify.

Thank you again!