PDA

View Full Version : FAL Barrel work

hollowpoint67
06-18-2012, 10:37 AM
Besides Enterprise Arms.

Anyone else in Southern California that does good FAL barrel work? looking to get a 21" StG barrel cut down to 18"

Thanks in advance.

BHPFan
06-18-2012, 4:17 PM
Besides Enterprise Arms.

Anyone else in Southern California that does good FAL barrel work? looking to get a 21" StG barrel cut down to 18"

Thanks in advance.

PD&G is SFV.

Talk to Dmitry.

Richard Erichsen
06-18-2012, 6:11 PM
Besides Enterprise Arms.

Thanks in advance.

Almost any gunsmith can do that sort of work, recrown the muzzle and thread it. There is nothing particular FAL specific with the sort of work you are looking for. An average cost is going to be in the $85-100 range.

R

-hanko
06-18-2012, 6:19 PM
Almost any gunsmith can do that sort of work, recrown the muzzle and thread it. There is nothing particular FAL specific with the sort of work you are looking for. An average cost is going to be in the $85-100 range.

R

Hollowpoint, good choice on the 'besides Entreprise Arms" part.

If it's a metric barrel, other than a very early model, make sure your smith knows it's left-hand threaded. Leave him a fh so he can check his work. If you're going for authenticity and/or building a PARA, actual barrel length is 17-3/8". If you're looking for a PARA barrel, I have one purchased from FWRA on the FAL Files before his death a few years ago. PM me here if you have an interest.

If I were you, I'd also ask the question on the FAL Files. ;)

-hanko