PDA

View Full Version : SoCal Shotgun/Skeet Clinic 06/17/12 Level I

Captain Dick
06-17-2012, 9:04 PM
Hello Shooters, We had a good Fathers Day clinic today with two new shooters and two returning. After a little bit of gun fitting, the new shooters were hitting birds well and were once again proof that if you work the techniques instead of trying to hit the birds, the birds will break. The returning shooters looked good refining they're shooting on doubles for a couple of rounds after our first time attendees wrapped up. We look forward to seeing Aalvidez and Mrs. Aalvidez back again, you guys did great!! come back soon.

Shooters

Aalvidez
Mrs.Aalvidez
Epic1856
Tenxby7

epic1856
06-18-2012, 7:36 AM
Very small clinic. I could not hit anything this clinic. It was frustrating.

bjl333
06-18-2012, 10:25 AM
Very small clinic. I could not hit anything this clinic. It was frustrating.

I happens to everyone!! Keep slugging at it. :thumbsup:

RoundEye
06-18-2012, 11:57 PM
Awesome! Looking forward to my class with the wife on 7/8.

ysr_racer
06-19-2012, 7:54 PM
I could not hit anything this clinic. It was frustrating.

Stick with it. Over time you'll see your focus grow, and the targets will seem to slow down.

I know when I'm tired my focus and eye dominance fades.

Have you tried shooting with an empty shell box on the muzzle of your gun? You'd be surprised how well you can break targets without looking at the front bead.

In fact when my front hi-viz fell off my scores went up substantially.

http://pic80.picturetrail.com/VOL856/883856/2773051/400130577.jpg

Captain Dick
06-19-2012, 10:30 PM
Stick with it. Over time you'll see your focus grow, and the targets will seem to slow down.

I know when I'm tired my focus and eye dominance fades.

Have you tried shooting with an empty shell box on the muzzle of your gun? You'd be surprised how well you can break targets without looking at the front bead.

In fact when my front hi-viz fell off my scores went up substantially.

http://pic80.picturetrail.com/VOL856/883856/2773051/400130577.jpg

Brad, you don't know what you are talking about in this case, you have no idea what was being taught, how it was being taught, or why it was being taught. You don't know how many birds he missed or why he missed them, or what we were working on when he missed them. Your offering advice when you literally have no idea of what you are offering advice for other than a shooter missed some birds and felt frustrated. You're not qualified to give advice in this area.

Coach Ziegler is a four time Senior All American, he's in the California State Skeet Shooters Hall of Fame, he's been a State Champion, a Zone Champion, and a World Champion, he's trained 20 Rookie of the Year All Americans as well as various State and Zone Champions and a World Champion.

Coach doesn't need or want your advice for his students. If you think you're helping, you're not. You can do more harm by putting out incorrect-non applicable information than by just staying quite on a subject you know nothing about. So, once again as you don't know what we're doing in the clinic, how we're doing it, or why; we respectfully ask you not to give advise to clinic students. Thanks in advance for your cooperation.

Offthehook
06-20-2012, 9:47 PM
Where can I find info on classes?

Javi
06-20-2012, 10:05 PM
Where can I find info on classes?

You passed it :) Should be the very first thread in this forum. "So Cal Skeet Clinic"