PDA

View Full Version : screws?Aimpoint H1 + Daniel Defense 1/3 mount

speeddreamz
06-17-2012, 8:14 AM
I bought a used H1 and a brand new DD1/3 cowitness mount.

I don't see screws anywhere, do aimpoints typically come with screws?

Does anyone know what type of screw it should be? i.e. length thread pitch and coarse/fine?

rero360
06-17-2012, 8:53 AM
I would imagine it would be fine threads, outside of that, don't know, if they don't list it on their website and you don't want to wait for them to reply to an email you could head down to the local home depot with the scope and try different screws until you find one that fits.

If I had to hazard a guess, I would say that they are machine screws, and somewhere between a 4-40 and a 10-32, I think a 2-56 would be too small but you never know. As far as length of the screw, again, once you find the proper diameter and thread, then just a matter of trying out different ones til you find the right length.

speeddreamz
06-17-2012, 8:59 AM
I would imagine it would be fine threads, outside of that, don't know, if they don't list it on their website and you don't want to wait for them to reply to an email you could head down to the local home depot with the scope and try different screws until you find one that fits.

If I had to hazard a guess, I would say that they are machine screws, and somewhere between a 4-40 and a 10-32, I think a 2-56 would be too small but you never know. As far as length of the screw, again, once you find the proper diameter and thread, then just a matter of trying out different ones til you find the right length.

Yeah, I would rather wait to find out the exacts. A buddy of mine has one that is stripped out. Given its an expensive optic i'm probably going to wait till I can find out exacts or get some new screws from aimpoint. Just hoping someone would know.

Omega13device
06-17-2012, 9:12 AM
I bought a used H1 and a brand new DD1/3 cowitness mount.

I don't see screws anywhere, do aimpoints typically come with screws?

Does anyone know what type of screw it should be? i.e. length thread pitch and coarse/fine?

Yes they come with screws. Do yourself a favor and contact Aimpoint and get the correct screws. Might take a little longer but it will save you money and time later.

speeddreamz
06-17-2012, 9:17 AM
Yes they come with screws. Do yourself a favor and contact Aimpoint and get the correct screws. Might take a little longer but it will save you money and time later.

Sounds like a plan! Thanks for your input guys.