PDA

View Full Version : Red dot/Reflex sight HELP.

MindBeyondAverage
06-17-2012, 12:37 AM
Hey guys. This matter is concerning the shotgun with the butstock.

http://i1105.photobucket.com/albums/h354/mindbeyondaverage/PhotoJun0214029PM.jpg

Please don't mind the mess in the background.

I was pretty close to ordering an Eotech 512 for this one when I realized, I don't even know if theres something more practical or just overall better out there. I know of a lot of sights on the market, but seeing as though I have never put one on a shotgun, I just don't know whats best. I don't want a cheap sight and am not looking to spend more than 350 on one. I don't want an Aimpoint either. I really don't care if it is the compact tiny type, Eotech 512 size, or closed kind. I just want to know which ones would last longest, give best picture, and hold zero really well. I am trying to list everything I can think of in order to avoid those who need very technical answers so that they can basically compute which sight would be best. I don't think I will be able to please those that need all of the specs, but in my failure to do so, please just be general. The help is greatly appreciated.

Oh... This is not a home defense shotgun. It is the slug shooting, urban combat, give my regards from 70 yards away, shotgun. Thanks.

TZL
06-17-2012, 3:57 PM
I have an EO tech XPS on a benelli m4 and a Burris fast fire on a Remington 1100, both work great !

EO techs take up a bit too much real estate IMHO

I prefer ghost rings for SGs

MindBeyondAverage
06-21-2012, 7:14 PM
I have an EO tech XPS on a benelli m4 and a Burris fast fire on a Remington 1100, both work great !

EO techs take up a bit too much real estate IMHO

I prefer ghost rings for SGs

Ok, after much consideration and more research, I have decided to go with the fast fire 3. I like it so much, I think I'll get one for my AK. Thanks.