PDA

View Full Version : Rock River two stage- available??

NorcalGSG
06-16-2012, 11:21 PM
I wanted to upgrade a Daniel Defense single stage with something a little better for accuracy. I wanted to try a Rock River two stage, but they are listed as indefinitely on backorder on their website. And I didn't want to spend $250+ for another brand of trigger. Does anyone know the story here with Rock River; are they going to be available again or are they discontinued? I'll call and ask them next week if nobody else knows. Or maybe somewhere else that has them in stock?

klewan
06-17-2012, 6:55 AM
BCM has them in stock, $120. JoeBoboutfitters had them at $95 shipping included, but they've been out of stock for at least 8 months.

FMJBT
06-17-2012, 7:11 AM
Surplusammo.com has them for $117.99:

http://www.surplusammo.com/rock-river-arms-national-match-2-stage-trigger-kit-for-ar-15/

MrExel17
06-17-2012, 7:15 AM
^^^OP there around just have to call, heres another source too!

http://vtsupply.com/rra-ar15-national-match-nm-two-stage-trigger-kit.html

kurac
06-17-2012, 8:57 AM
I bought one from Brownells a few weeks ago, but its not as nice as the one I got 3 years ago, maybe after I fire a couple thousand rounds it might smooth out.

NorcalGSG
06-17-2012, 10:12 AM
I bought one from Brownells a few weeks ago, but its not as nice as the one I got 3 years ago, maybe after I fire a couple thousand rounds it might smooth out.

Good point!

Thanks for the help fellas.

trigger hippie
06-17-2012, 8:02 PM
Considered the Armalite 2 stage tactical? Adjustable first and second stages. $97 even off the site.

http://www.armalite.com/ItemForm.aspx?item=10309000

klewan
06-17-2012, 8:14 PM
Considered the Armalite 2 stage tactical? Adjustable first and second stages. $97 even off the site.

http://www.armalite.com/ItemForm.aspx?item=10309000

Out of stock. It's getting kind of crazy with all the stuff that's out of stock. Hope Romney wins and ends all this nonsense.

trigger hippie
06-17-2012, 8:24 PM
Out of stock. It's getting kind of crazy with all the stuff that's out of stock. Hope Romney wins and ends all this nonsense.

I feel your pain. I ended up biting the bullet so to speak and just getting a $279 Geissele High Speed Match.

XDshooter
06-17-2012, 9:20 PM

I agree, the RRA 2 stage I got back in 2007 with the notched hammer is much better.

I also have a couple of the newer rounded ones. They don't smooth out after a few thousand rounds.

Geissele's for me now.

crazychinaman
06-18-2012, 6:45 AM
Check out the ar15.com exchange section for sales.There are a couple of vendors that have them in stock.RRA has them on backorder because of their own rifles using them and cannot keep up.

The War Wagon
06-18-2012, 6:47 AM
You're better OFF with the DD trigger. ALL RRA 2-stages, turn back INTO one stages, after a couple thousand rounds... :o

jsipe007
06-18-2012, 7:21 AM
Check the marketplace here... I know someone had one for sale not too long ago...

dfletcher
06-18-2012, 8:07 AM
http://www.ar15sales.com/store/miscparts.html

Price has gone up since I ordered last but shipping is still included.

XDshooter
06-18-2012, 10:55 AM
You're better OFF with the DD trigger. ALL RRA 2-stages, turn back INTO one stages, after a couple thousand rounds... :o

It's funny how internet people make such ridiculous generalizations. :rolleyes:

I have 3 RRA 2 stage triggers. One older notched hammer one that's seen over 5k rounds, the others at 2k, and 1k. No problems on any of them.

NorcalGSG
06-18-2012, 7:53 PM
Thanks for all the input. I'm thinking I am going to just pony up and get a better trigger, even though it's gonna cost me. Trying that Wilson Combat trigger makes going back to something else not very much fun.

East Bay Cop
06-19-2012, 12:27 AM
I havent had that great of luck with the RRA two stage. I would snag a Wilson or Geiselle.

ExtremeX
06-19-2012, 12:37 AM
I feel your pain. I ended up biting the bullet so to speak and just getting a $279 Geissele High Speed Match.

Nice choice...That's one hell of a trigger. The RRA 2-stage doesn't hold a candle to the high speed match.

The RRA NM actually feels a lot like the Geissele SD-E trigger but the SD-E feels a bit better... I have both.

The Geissele high speed match or DMR is next on my list but for my target rifle.

ExtremeX
06-19-2012, 12:40 AM
It's funny how internet people make such ridiculous generalizations. :rolleyes:

I have 3 RRA 2 stage triggers. One older notched hammer one that's seen over 5k rounds, the others at 2k, and 1k. No problems on any of them.

+1

For the money, it's hard to top the RRA NM. I had a hard time stomaching the SD-E trigger considering the cost difference.

Now I'm curious if I have the older style or the newer. Mines been rock solid too. Do you know when they changed it? I got mine a couple years ago.

XDshooter
06-19-2012, 9:11 AM
+1

For the money, it's hard to top the RRA NM. I had a hard time stomaching the SD-E trigger considering the cost difference.

Now I'm curious if I have the older style or the newer. Mines been rock solid too. Do you know when they changed it? I got mine a couple years ago.

Definitely on price, RRA has that won. The rounded ones came around 2008 or so. The first RRA 2-stage triggers were 2001 I think.

I have since been only getting Geissele triggers. Once you try them it's like crack.

ExtremeX
06-19-2012, 9:40 AM
I have since been only getting Geissele triggers. Once you try them it's like crack.

Ya I hear you... My plan is to trick out all 3 of my lowers for different types of shooting. Geissele SD-3G, SD-E, and a High Speed Match or DMR. The triggers alone cost around the same price as a budget AR build. Not cheap but that's what crack does to you. I think they call it G-Syndrome.

I was actually thinking of selling my RRA 2 Stage NM trigger to help fund my High Speed Match or DMR but after reading this thread I think ill keep it. It works so well I would be pissed if I bought another one down the road and it wasn't as nice plus I don't like all the backorder action.

To the OP... to helps to know what you really want in a trigger before you order one. Some of them can get pretty specialized for an application and may not be the best pick for certain things.

-hanko
06-19-2012, 9:46 AM
Check out the ar15.com exchange section for sales.There are a couple of vendors that have them in stock.RRA has them on backorder because of their own rifles using them and cannot keep up.
Check Legal Transfers on arf.

No $h!te? :rolleyes:

I've about 6300 through one gun and at least 5k through another.

What am i doing wrong:confused:

-hanko

kurac
06-19-2012, 12:35 PM
No $h!te? :rolleyes:

I've about 6300 through one gun and at least 5k through another.

What am i doing wrong:confused:

-hanko

Duh, you are spending too much time shooting and getting practical knowledge vs. reading about it on the internet

ExtremeX
06-19-2012, 12:38 PM
Duh, you are spending too much time shooting and getting practical knowledge vs. reading about it on the internet

lol