PDA

View Full Version : Looking for ak 47 front sight tool

Bizinsteadofgame
06-16-2012, 4:37 PM
Anyone want to sell me their ak47 front sight tool or know any store in california near inland empire that has them in stock? I don't want to order it online shipping is outrageous and I need it by tue.

bcrich
06-16-2012, 5:52 PM
If you can't find one you can borrow mine I'm in Ontario!

Bizinsteadofgame
06-16-2012, 6:08 PM
SERIOUSLY? Or wanna help me zero my arsenal sgl 23? Its factory zeroed at 25 yards but I want 2moa at 100 yards. I heard people get 1 moa at 100 yards. I also have to zero a red dot x1 bushnell trs-25

motorwerks
06-16-2012, 7:08 PM
Im not sure what just happened here. LOL

Anyway.... for windage I used a C-clamp on one side with a 10mm on the other side. For elevation, I took a nut driver and carved a groove into it with a cutting disk on my Dremel tool.

Bizinsteadofgame
06-16-2012, 7:13 PM
I wish I knew what language u were speaking

bcrich
06-16-2012, 7:14 PM
1 MOA at 100yds?? That's the spirit!! I will provide you ammo if you can shoot 1" groups. I'm headed to wegc tomorrow morning come on out!

CSACANNONEER
06-16-2012, 7:20 PM
What does "minute of angle" have to do with zeroing sites?

Answer: NOTHING!

Merc1138
06-16-2012, 7:23 PM
What does "minute of angle" have to do with zeroing sites?

Answer: NOTHING!

Yeah... I'm confused why the OP thinks the way he does. You can shoot a 1 MOA group and have it be 2 inches above the target but it's still a 1 MOA group. You can also shoot a group that's completely centered but 4 MOA.

Bizinsteadofgame
06-16-2012, 7:35 PM
Ya im confused I dont get why people know what people mean but they have no lives and want to go on a forum and try to get literal with people they don't know. get a life or go check your facebook again assuming all your friends and family havent blocked you yet.

Merc1138
06-16-2012, 7:40 PM
1. I don't have a facebook account.
2. Instead of reading the provided information and learning something(I even explained it for you), is going on some barely intelligible rant really a good idea?
3. You're complaining about people posting on a forum, isn't that what you're doing?

CSACANNONEER
06-16-2012, 7:54 PM
No, we do not know what you mean. I thought I did until you threw talk about precision (group size) into the equation. Now, I'm confused and trying to understand what you really want to do.

Have you even shot the gun yet? Maybe it shoots exactly where you want it to with the ammo you're planning on shooting through it. You do know that different ammo will have a different POI right?

Don't attack those who are willing to help you. Instead, try to properly comunicate. Instead of trying to use words you don't understand, use simple words to get your message across. If you have a problem with someone with a lot of posts, you might want to find out why their post count is so high. Mine is high because, I've helped hundreds of calgunners by hosting over 20 AK build parties, had many calgunners to my home for reloading sessions (I'm not a certified reloadng instructor but, I will show people how I reload) and other pro 2A activities. What have you done to promote 2A activities in CA? Yea, I thought so.

bcrich
06-16-2012, 7:57 PM
Let's just help teach the young brutha! This is his first gun!!

weber_2
06-16-2012, 8:05 PM
What just happened here

motorwerks
06-16-2012, 8:08 PM
I wish I knew what language u were speaking

Truly, you have a dizzying intellect.

I just explained how I built my AK front sight tools for absolutely nothing. I had the tools laying around my garage. Now to the problem at hand....

I dont think you have any idea what you're talking about.

Windage= left to right as in which way the wind would blow.

Elevation= up and down like an elevator.

How these have anything to do with MOA is beyond any if not all of us so maybe its you that are the problem here not us.

Merc1138
06-16-2012, 8:22 PM
Bizinsteadofgame,

Use all of the terms brought up in this thread, and go do some studying. MOA, Windage, Elevation, point-of-aim, point-of-impact, adjusting sights, the difference between precision and accuracy, and sight tools. Once you've read up on all of that, come back to this thread and all of the responses you've received in this thread will actually make sense.

You need to apply the terminology correctly, otherwise you'll just end up confusing yourself and everyone else. Once you've looked up what I mentioned and done the research(honestly, shouldn't take you more than an hour or two), not only will you have learned a whole lot that you didn't know before, but you'll likely have more questions that you'll phrase better. Obviously if you just had someone handy to explain all of this to you in person it would be easier, but there is a certain amount of basic info that you should learn first.

Bizinsteadofgame
06-16-2012, 8:25 PM
dude I swear most calgunners are jerks that think they know it all. There's a very few like bcrich that actually try to help fellow calgunners. But those guys make it worth comming back. Just wish I could avoid people who insult people who clearly have no exp. But its cool we all started NOT KNOWING ANYTHING.

Merc1138
06-16-2012, 8:27 PM
dude I swear most calgunners are jerks that think they know it all. There's a very few like bcrich that actually try to help fellow calgunners. But those guys make it worth comming back. Just wish I could avoid people who insult people who clearly have no exp. But its cool we all started NOT KNOWING ANYTHING.

Dude, no one in this thread insulted you. Have you actually even read the responses? The only person who has posted any insults in this thread so far is you.

Bizinsteadofgame
06-16-2012, 8:28 PM
Ok im SORRY what was I thinking. Please forgive me for saying something I thought we all had the same understanding about.

Merc1138
06-16-2012, 8:30 PM
Ok im SORRY what was I thinking. Please forgive me for saying something I thought we all had the same understanding about.

OK, now go do the reading/watching(you can literally put one of those keywords at a time into youtube and find a video on it) that other folks and I have discussed. Yeah, it's basically homework, but it's stuff you'll need to know anyway(and you'll have a better time at the range instead of just fiddling around wasting ammo and making random adjustments that you aren't sure about). You'll be able to work out some sort of goal, and learn how to accomplish it.

RobGR
06-16-2012, 8:44 PM
All you'll need to zero your Bushnell red dot is a flat head screw driver.

AK Front Sight Ajustment Tool (http://www.amazon.com/NcStar-Front-Sight-Ajustment-TAK/dp/B000TN1QVU/ref=sr_1_1?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1339907714&sr=1-1&keywords=ak+Front+Sight+Ajustment+Tool)

It's just a good idea to buy one and always have it on hand.

How to use it (though he should have had someone else hold the camera while demonstrating):

vBKqfelibIs

Your SGL should be zeroed already, but definitely good to be prepared in case it isn't.What are you mounting your red dot on?

Check your attitude at the door and respect the people here, as they will respect you back. It's called the Golden Rule, something people in NC are opposed to though, ha... ah. Anyway. Happy shooting & welcome to Calguns.

Bizinsteadofgame
06-16-2012, 8:54 PM
The red dot is going on a side rail mount on the sgl 23.

Bizinsteadofgame
06-16-2012, 9:00 PM
Well thanks for everything guys specially the last post. Thanks for trying to help I guess it was a miss understanding and I apologize to u calgunners, someone just came off the wrong way.i had alot of guys insult me about another post just because I was asking my fellow calgunners If someone would go to the range with me and zero my rifle DEAD ACCURATE. So I guess its my fault I assumed most calgunners were jerks cuz there were alot of insults by many diffrent calgunners.

dodger fever
06-16-2012, 9:14 PM
Well thanks for everything guys specially the last post. Thanks for trying to help I guess it was a miss understanding and I apologize to u calgunners, someone just came off the wrong way.i had alot of guys insult me about another post just because I was asking my fellow calgunners If someone would go to the range with me and zero my rifle DEAD ACCURATE. So I guess its my fault I assumed most calgunners were jerks cuz there were alot of insults by many diffrent calgunners.

Go to ammo bros in ontario off the 15 fwy. They have the front sight tool and its 15 bucks.

zfields
06-16-2012, 9:24 PM
But wait, I though arsenal's came laser sited from the factory?

I have a arsenal sgl 23 paid in full at my local gun shop but have to wait for more stock. The reason I went with arsenal was accuracy and reliability. I've done months of research. From what I understand the sights are lasered in love that. And it's brand new, "no canted anything".

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showpost.php?p=8486907&postcount=1

Merc1138
06-16-2012, 9:28 PM
zfields, let it go. If he actually took the advice given so far in this thread and take the time to learn(and drop the attitude), he'll be better off in the long run(and realize how things actually get applied in the real world, as well as the errors in his previous posts, which won't be a big deal).

RobGR
06-16-2012, 10:13 PM
The red dot is going on a side rail mount on the sgl 23.

That's the same setup I have on my SGL 31, as opposed to replacing the handguards with a rail system, which I have on my DRACO. Had no problems with it so far and it's very lightweight. It's really easy to zero the Bushnell, any red dot actually. You should be able to do it in 10 shots or less, just shoot from a (seated) stabilized position to set up your zero and take your time.

Here is some additional info for zeroing your iron sights:

http://www.ak-47.net/ak-47/sightingin.php

And the target to print out, just print it out at 100%, don't scale down to fit the paper when you print it out:

http://www.ak-47.net/images/AKtarget.jpg

CSACANNONEER
06-17-2012, 2:52 AM
So, you haven't shot it yet and you already think the sites need adjustment? Then, due to your poor planning, you need a tool that you don't have the time to order, right? So, you come here and get upset at the world because you are using words you don't understand and confusing those who are willing to help you, right?

Let me give you some advise. First, have someone, who knows how to shoot, site your rifle in. Make sure they are using the same ammo that you want the gun zeroed with. All ammo is a little different and will give you different POIs. When it comes to zeroing optics, it only takes ONE shot to zero at any distance. If you do not know how to do this, google "one shot zero" and learn. You will need to have an understanding of proper terminology to understand the directions though.

If you really need a site tool, I will give you one if you want to drive to my house and pick it up. However, I'll warn you that the shipping cost, that you don't want to pay, is cheap compared to the time it'll take to drive up my driveway. Hell, if you come up today, we can zero both right here.

MrExel17
06-17-2012, 6:12 AM
OP congrats on the AK!

Bizinsteadofgame
06-17-2012, 9:46 AM
Thank you, thank you, ive been searching all of california since march to buy it. Thank God a calgunner told me where to find it cuz I was drossing a m&m fa-cugir m10 and really didnt want it but y days before finishing the 10 days I got the info canceled the m10 and bought the arsenal.
CSACANNONEER is that a real offer cuz ill take that offer if u dont live too far

CSACANNONEER
06-17-2012, 12:55 PM
Of course it is. I live in the general area of Magic Mountain. Shoot me a PM if you think you can make it here with enough daylight to get anything done. Otherwise, I might be free next Saturday.

Johnnyfres
06-19-2012, 8:02 AM
Wow I would be up for the offer of having you help me zero mine in if the OP doesn't take it lol.

I like to feed off the knowledge of others so that I can grow mine own. I am like the Highlander of Calguns.net :D

CSACANNONEER
06-19-2012, 8:27 AM
Timing is everything. Two weeks ago, I spent three days at the range in Coalinga. It would have been the perfect time and place to help you. Clovis is a bit far from me. But, if you really want to drive all the way down, we can work something out. Shoot me a PM.

Johnnyfres
06-19-2012, 9:40 AM
I am actually heading to the range this weekend to zero my AK and AR.

If I run into problems I'll let you know. I am interested in AK build parties so let me know if you hold any of those anytime soon.

ZX-10R
06-20-2012, 6:21 AM
They are $10 or less. I gave mine to someone who did not have one at the range with a new AK74 style rifle...Someone should pay it forward with you.

Fishslayer
06-20-2012, 11:02 AM
Ya im confused I dont get why people know what people mean but they have no lives and want to go on a forum and try to get literal with people they don't know. get a life or go check your facebook again assuming all your friends and family havent blocked you yet.

You have an interesting way of soliciting assistance from strangers...

FWIW... your OP made little sense.

BucDan
06-20-2012, 11:25 AM
If you had the problem like me, the drifting drum to adjust windage can be stuck, and you may need a bit more *umph* to get it going. Also sometimes when using the sight (not "site" CSA... :p ) tool, lining it up perfectly without blocking the drum can be hard, so I use a 10mm wrench nut to create the spacing.

CSACANNONEER
06-20-2012, 12:10 PM
What's a "wrench nut"?

BucDan
06-20-2012, 12:35 PM
What's a "wrench nut"?

I meant the sockets for the socket wrench, I would use a washer too if I had one.

projectalpha
06-20-2012, 1:54 PM
I bought an AK sight tool off ebay last year. I think it was only $5-$8 shipped.

Don the savage
06-20-2012, 3:48 PM
For what its worth i saw ak/sks sight adjustment tools at bass pro in rancho today.

Bizinsteadofgame
06-20-2012, 5:19 PM
I ended up buying one at a local gun shop, I got one of two that were there, thanks to DODGER FEVER. it was $10 at ammo bros problem solved.

dodger fever
06-20-2012, 8:16 PM
I ended up buying one at a local gun shop, I got one of two that were there, thanks to DODGER FEVER. it was $10 at ammo bros problem solved.

Your welcome brotha, glad I could help. Safe shooting:cool: