PDA

View Full Version : Tapco razor muzzle break, is it featureless legal?

deckhandmike
06-16-2012, 4:08 PM
Got the tapco razor intrafuse muzzle break on my ak and was wondering if anyone knows if it is also a flash hider? It's described as a muzzle break by tapco with the prongs being for "tactical breaching" or some crap like that. I would like to be able to use it on my featureless build without going to prison. Anyone have more info?

Reverend Clint
06-16-2012, 4:12 PM
as far as i've heard if the company says its a muzzle break then its a muzzle break

PEZHEAD265
06-16-2012, 4:25 PM
The gun has to be 922r compliant.By adding a muzzle device you took it out of the sporting catagory.

Chaos47
06-16-2012, 4:30 PM
as far as i've heard if the company says its a muzzle break then its a muzzle break

Not exactly company naming and classification is only step 1 of determining a Flash Suppressor.
DOJ would go on to test if it does indeed suppress flash.

Tines or Prongs such as the ones that this device has are common in flash hiders. The use of one of these devices would be risky at best. With featureless its best to stay clear of even approaching the line.

Check out the guide in my sig to learn more about what makes a device legal or not

pyro3k2
06-16-2012, 4:37 PM
The gun has to be 922r compliant.By adding a muzzle device you took it out of the sporting catagory.

ummm....unless I missed something OP was asking about the muzzle device working in a featureless build and not for conversion parts.

But to answer the question the manf. says it's a muzzle brake and no where have I found a description for any vendors that states otherwise.

Bizinsteadofgame
06-16-2012, 4:39 PM
Well if u decide u don't want it, ill buy it off u.