View Full Version : have you taken game with .50 Beowulf?

06-16-2012, 2:31 PM
so ive decided my next awesomely awesome pruchase is going to be an AA .50BEO upper... dont talk me out of it and yes you can come and shoot it if you ask nicely.
i was just wondering if anyone here has taken, or have been with anyone who has taken any sort of game with this round? deer, elk, pig, coyote, heffalump, manbearpig, chupacabra...? i know its been done as i have been googling it for the last two hours, but i would like some first hand experiences if your willing to share... pictures of course are always appreciated by all...:D
if any of you have, did you find the round too powerful for anything? anything you disliked about hunting with or shooting the wulf?

(i know this would also fit in the hunting section, but i rolled the dice and drew a straw from the hat and decided to put it in centerfire)

06-16-2012, 3:24 PM
You should test it against a ground squirrel first.

06-16-2012, 4:01 PM
it would probably do pretty good, even if the squirrel is still in the ground....

Reverend Clint
06-16-2012, 4:13 PM
if you need to do some tree trimming you're set to go

06-16-2012, 6:50 PM
I wont talk you out of it, heck i think you should order 2. Lol
Check out www.beyond556.com alot of people post about their hunts with it on that site.
Read a story there where a guy took 2 pigs with one shot. 1st pig of course made a mess of the second before the same round went through it also. I have a BEO also, and it is fun to shoot watermelons @ 100 yds. You can only hit it once though because there isn't anything really left if you hit it on center.
My wife LOVES shooting it also. Recommend the tank brake though to cut down on recoil. Going to load up some rounds for it next week as ammo is very pricey.
as far as optics, get something that can handle that type of recoil, alot of people go with inexpensive optics and regret it after the scope fails.

06-16-2012, 6:54 PM
Also, let me know if you'd like to try it out before you buy one.
If you do, AA has been yanking my chain on my 6.5 grendel for over 3 months now so be preparred to wait a LONG time to get it from them, heck I hope I get it before my 9yr old twins graduate from college.

06-17-2012, 7:24 AM
yeah i was looking at that tank brake over the other two... seems like not only would work a little better, but a whole lot easier to clean.... and hell yeah i would love to shoot it, expect a pm mid july....