PDA

View Full Version : LASER SIGHTS WHATS A GOOD ONE?

General
06-15-2012, 9:01 PM
Today I received my Barska GLX Green Laser Sight, paid $77.00 + $10.00 shipping on Dvor.
I was really looking forward to it.
It seemed like a great deal.
I soon became very disappointed and sent it back within 2 hrs. I could not dial it in worth a dang. The problem seem to be that the battery compartment is right behind the laser. It had an rubber O-ring for the compartment and depending on how tight it was is where the laser would point. The windage adjustments were to slight to make up the difference. I want a green one but what's the best way to go, rail, rear sight or grips? Maybe I just got a crappy one.
I didn't like this one.:(

pc_load_letter
06-15-2012, 9:06 PM
Works great on both rifles and handguns. Holds up to 5.56 recoil nicely...

http://www.amazon.com/LaserMax-Uni-Max-Green-Mount-Integral/dp/B000TTVDG2

Shop around for the best price. I just posted the quickest link that came up in google.

Dan-O
06-16-2012, 7:09 AM
I have a Viridian on my XD and love it but they're on the pricy side... They do throw in a kydex holster though

http://www.viridiangreenlaser.com/

Whatisthis?
06-16-2012, 7:14 AM
Crimson Trace Laser grips are expensive, but one of the best. No switches to fumble with or get used, just pick up the gun and you're good to go. They are expensive though. This is also coming from a guy that doesn't have a rail on his handgun.

mif_slim
06-16-2012, 7:23 AM
What you experienced was Barska at its best.

cudakidd
06-16-2012, 8:39 AM
Crimson trace!! Real Quality, US made, Warrenty, excellent customer service. If you buy random foreign crap expect to get the quality level you pay for...

SublimeJJ99
06-16-2012, 8:54 AM
Crimson trace!! Real Quality, US made, Warrenty, excellent customer service. If you buy random foreign crap expect to get the quality level you pay for...

+1. I have a set of Crimson Trace grips on my SIG P239 and not only did it make the gun look better, it also made it feel better...plus it has a laser! They are a bit on the spendy side and they are not available in green, but I'm sure they will last forever.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

cudakidd
06-16-2012, 9:37 AM
Love them! After taking a twilight/night CCW renewal class and having my traditional front sights disappear, I now have Tritium and Crimson trace on every carry gun! Two of my four Kahrs, 686, wifes S&W Model 60, my J Frame, etc.

If you are a NRA certified Instructer you get to buy 3 per year at 40% off! Plus check ebay for Used like new, or NIB at discounts...

Now if they would only do their new lights for a Kahr!

707electrician
06-16-2012, 9:56 AM
Veridian green laser. Does crimson trace make a green laser?

cudakidd
06-16-2012, 10:33 AM
Not that I'm aware of...try the Crimson trace web page...

golfrj
06-16-2012, 11:15 AM
Crimson Trace Laser grips are expensive, but one of the best. No switches to fumble with or get used, just pick up the gun and you're good to go. They are expensive though. This is also coming from a guy that doesn't have a rail on his handgun.

What he said, you can't go wrong with Crimson Trace...

adamy
06-16-2012, 1:29 PM
For those of you showing a preference for green laser...

So I was thinking about getting a laser for my g19.

My friend told me that green leaves a more visible trail, whereas red does not. He said that green would make it easier for the badguy to locate you because of how visible the trail is compared to red. On the flip, he said green is more visible during the day, so that is a plus.

Is this true?

Peter.Steele
06-16-2012, 2:58 PM
Is this true?

True, yes. Important ... eh. IF someone's in a position where they can see the red dot, they're almost certainly in a position where the emitter will be glaringly obvious to them as well.

L84CABO
06-16-2012, 3:11 PM
Check out their e-catalog. Page 33 and question #13 on page 40 for info on green lasers.

http://www.crimsontrace-laser.com/

General
06-16-2012, 7:45 PM
How to make a hot laser:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VrNDe9mpOs&src_vid=Xz4v8g6Y4mI&annotation_id=annotation_453931&feature=iv

General
06-16-2012, 7:47 PM
How bout that on a bad guy?