View Full Version : Remington 1100 tactical options?

06-15-2012, 1:07 PM
Ok i was going to cut up my old jc higgins and got talked out of that here
So i had another thought, this 20 gauge has been in my safe for about 15 years and seen only 1 box a shells, so i figured id tacti-cool it because i just cant find a semi auto one already done this way other than 12 gauge, and at 700 bucks plus!
What are my stock and barrel choices? Id like to go 18.5 barrel and pistol grip only if possible but will settle for a regular stock with pistol grip.
Thanks for opinions

06-15-2012, 2:36 PM
They do not make a pistol grip stock nor an 18 or 18.5" barrel for that weapon. If you cut the barrel down you FUBAR it as the gas orifice is determined by the barrel length. You might find a gun smith who would know the exact size of the gas orifice for that length but it would have to be because he did it before and it worked. Remington doesn't make that barrel so there is no gas orifice size established and getting yours to work is hit and miss and in my PROFESSIONAL opinion you are about to ruein a nice weapon.

And if you ment a pistol grip only, that can not be done on any Remington semi-auto shotgun.

06-15-2012, 5:04 PM
Ok ill look for a new option, i wish a manufacturer would grow a brain and offer a tactical semi auto 20 gauge. Why would you need or want a semi auto 12 for home defense?
Ah just found this

06-15-2012, 5:13 PM
mossberg sa 20

EDIT: HA, just clicked on your link. yeah , thats the one...