PDA

View Full Version : Got my 590A1 and Bayonet....Need help!

proraptor
05-18-2007, 9:13 AM
Ok guys I got my 590A1 all tacticooled out and bought an ontario M9 bayonet for it (very nice and strong). Call me anal I dont care but when the bayonet is attached to the lug there is a lot of play and the bayonet wiggles all over....

Is there any way to fix this? Thanks guys!

M1A Rifleman
05-18-2007, 9:16 AM
They have play as this allows for differences in tolerance and for rifles, they determined the wiggle is better for accuracy believe it or not. As long as it does not fall off I bet it is fine.

Baron
05-18-2007, 9:28 AM
The best way to keep it from moving is stick it in a Bad guy...LOL j/k
Sorry

But lets see some pics
Then put them in here...
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=44993

proraptor
05-18-2007, 11:34 AM
I know its fine and everything it just bugs me....I don't have any pics yet but here are the specs:

true mossberg 590a1, mesa tactical aluminum 8 shot side saddle, ati pistol grip stock, ontario m9 bayo....I might put a knoxx spec ops stock on it if they ever get them in again...ill take some pics tomorrow

Baron
05-18-2007, 12:43 PM
Nice man

I see those spec ops stock pop up every now and then on ebay for around $150. I really like my ATI Stock, but I'm still considering a SpecOps for when I get my wife her Shotgun.

proraptor
05-18-2007, 2:25 PM
I want a spec ops to dampen the recoil.....After you shoot a couple boxes of buckshot and slugs your shoulder isnt too happy!

slick_711
05-18-2007, 8:21 PM
I want a spec ops to dampen the recoil.....After you shoot a couple boxes of buckshot and slugs your shoulder isnt too happy!

Girl.

As to the bayonet, maybe try lining the inside of the attachment with something? Maybe a couple strips of electrical tape along the inside edges? Wouldn't be pretty or invulnerable, but it wouldn't be visible and it should take the wiggle out?