PDA

View Full Version : Parts Kit Price? ~ SA-85 and Yugo M70AB2 Underfolder

insin
06-14-2012, 2:27 PM
Hello all,

Can anyone give me a decent asking price that I should sell the following items for? Its hard to get an accurate, recent, comparable price of similar items online due to some nonavailability. I want to give someone a fair price, while at the same time I don't want to sell myself short. What would be a fair price?

I have 2 AK's (YUGO M70AB2 underfolder and Hungarian SA-85 fixed stock) that I built on NDS receivers that I want to sell. The parts kits have been duracoated black except the Yugo underfolder's stock. The wood is new from iron wood design. I think it was walnut wood for the Yugo, and blonde beech for the SA-85. Both have original barrels, and both are matching numbers for their respective parts.

The reason I want to sell these as parts kits is because I do not want to mess around with potential liability after these items sell to a new owner. The rifle receivers will be cut, to ensure parts kit status, and nothing will be done to damage parts themselves.

The reason no pictures are included is because I don't want to turn this into a WTS post. I am just trying to get an idea for what I should offer it for. Thank you.

Camham
06-14-2012, 3:10 PM
I might be interested in the M70AB2. Send me a pm if you are serious about selling.

BucDan
06-14-2012, 3:11 PM
You don't really find the SA-85 anymore, those will be pretty pricey. I'd say $400 for the Yugo, and $600 for the SA-85.

CHS
06-14-2012, 4:19 PM
To legally demil the receivers they will have to be cut in at least 3 places with each cut removing at least 1/4" of material.

Otherwise they are not legally demilled and transfer of the parts constitutes an illegal transfer for not using an FFL. Just FYI.

Camham
06-14-2012, 5:49 PM
To legally demil the receivers they will have to be cut in at least 3 places with each cut removing at least 1/4" of material.

Otherwise they are not legally demilled and transfer of the parts constitutes an illegal transfer for not using an FFL. Just FYI.

Does this rule apply if does not ship the entire demilled receiver? For instance, if he cuts and retains/destroys a section of the receiver from say... behind the front trunion to the trigger guard.
I'm just trying to think of a way to minimize potential damage to the kit (and still protect him legally) if he decides to sell it to me.

Cam

CHS
06-15-2012, 10:09 AM
Does this rule apply if does not ship the entire demilled receiver? For instance, if he cuts and retains/destroys a section of the receiver from say... behind the front trunion to the trigger guard.
I'm just trying to think of a way to minimize potential damage to the kit (and still protect him legally) if he decides to sell it to me.

Cam

If it's not demil'ed, then it's not demil'ed. You can't just withhold a piece and call it a proper demil'ing.

And if it's not demil'ed properly, then you must use an FFL for the transfer.

CHS
06-15-2012, 10:10 AM

I'm sure if the guy can build an AK, he can properly take one apart.

GiggleSwitch
06-15-2012, 10:28 AM
insin,
I have recently been kicking around the idea of picking up a M70 or M64 Parts Kit and here is what I have been seeing (price wise) fairly routinely on GunBroker:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=289541426

HTH

Cheers,
Ryan

ak collector
12-09-2013, 10:28 AM
I will take the sa85 hungarian. Vgkauto@gmail.com. 920-460-4882 call or text

ak collector
12-09-2013, 10:31 AM
I will take the sa85 kit. Vgkauto@gmail.com email or text 920-460-4882