PDA

View Full Version : AK build and Questions!

tvfreakarms
06-14-2012, 3:43 AM
I do have a few questions regarding an AK47 build. But i'll start with this one first. My buddy found this website that sells a "1969 Izhmash AKM Parts Kit" and it is a unissued conditions with matching numbers. It doesn't have a barrel or rec. But the price is $650 which seems pricey considering you would have to buy the barrel, rec and other parts. But also would have to comply with the 922 regulation which i think you have to have 10 american made parts.

So i guess what i'm saying other than it was from 1969 an unissued conditions with matching numbers, is it worth getting this kit over a romy kit that is probably almost half the price? From the picture, the conditions looks really nice compared to other kits i've seen.

I really want to buy an arsenal but it is pricey. Not say building my own wouldn't be depending what kits and parts i buy but i wouldn't have to go through a ffl dealer. The only problem i would have is i never built one before and i don't have the tools or the knowledge to build my own. I would have to wait for a build party in the sacramento area.

Anyways, since i'll be moving out soon and have to start paying rent and what not, i won't have to much excess funds just to buy more guns in the near future so this would be my last gun for the time being. I could get all the necessary parts and hang on to them until i have the time or find people that are willing to help me build one.

MrPlink
06-14-2012, 4:25 AM
You are paying for the fact that it is Russian above all else. Nothin wrong with that, its up to you to decide it is worth it. At the end of the day any Ak built the right way with a good barrel will run the same.

tujungatoes
06-14-2012, 6:59 AM
:iagree:

tvfreakarms
06-14-2012, 9:56 PM
@mrplink.
Very good point. At ak builder the romy kits that come with barrel, r those barrels good quality?

And for people that has built an ak, how would compare to arsenal aks to your built aks? Fit, finish and quality.

Assuming ur pretty decent at what u do.